Amateur astronomer

Some of these photographs were taken by Britain in the backyard of his house, who used amateur equipment worth 10 thousand. Pounds. Others photos of NASA's cost millions of dollars. Try to find the difference, and guess what they images - unprofessional.
6 photos via dailymail.co.uk
By profession, Mr. Lougran - engineer communications networks. But he completely given his passion.
"In the United Kingdom, a clear sky - a great rarity. Sometimes I have a few weeks in a row to stay at home, - complains Steve. - I always watch the weather forecast, and if you promise a cloudless sky at night, I rush home, like a madman, and then bring all my equipment in readiness. Sometimes I spend all night on the street. There's so quiet and peaceful, it relaxes me. Especially when I see meteors falling from the sky ».
Mr. Lougran uses a special digital camera with high magnification and three telescopes with lenses of different sizes from 6 to 19 cm in diameter. The telescope is controlled by a special computer program on a laptop Stephen. Astronomer shares his secrets: "We need to set up the telescope with respect to the North Star. And when the sky is moving, it is necessary to turn the telescope, focusing on the change in the position of the star. The first picture I did was just a failure - out of focus and blurry. But I'm constantly learning new things and improve my skills. "

NASA spent billions of dollars on high-tech equipment to make high-quality and detailed photos of our solar system. But perhaps, before make such expensive purchases, the space agency should consult with amateur astronomer Steve Lougranom. Forty-four-year man managed to shoot these amazing pictures depicting the stars and constellations, including Andromeda, from the garden at his home in Camborne, Cambridgeshire. And what is even more incredible, he was able to do this using the equipment, whose value does not exceed 10 thousand. Pounds.

This photography was Steve Loungram. Whether will turn the language to call it a lover? This stunning view of Messier 31, better known as the Andromeda Galaxy, was filmed by a fan of astronomy in the backyard of his home in Cambridgeshire.

On the other hand, NASA released the most detailed images to date of the Andromeda Galaxy ever taken at infrared wavelengths distant. During the Christmas holidays of the infrared space telescope Herschel, launched in May 2009, presented filmed footage. But the photos of Mr. Lougrana than not inferior to them in many ways. This amateur astronomer so fanatical and devoted to his hobby that has already spent thousands of hours of his life, photographs of stars. Once he even slept four nights in a row because the starry sky dawned particularly clear, and Steve would never forgive myself if I missed a great opportunity.

Snapshot NASA. Today it is the most detailed picture of the Andromeda galaxy, taken in infrared light.

Mr. Lougran shares his experience: "Sometimes, to get a good picture, you need as much time as is one press of the camera button, and sometimes you have to, and sweat. I once spent 14 hours working on just one photo. For me it is like a disease. But the images that are obtained as a result, continue to please me much later, when I look back at them ».
Astronomy Steve Lougran carried away four years ago, after the first time used the telescope to look at the lunar eclipse in February 2007. Since then, he has become obsessed with a hobby, and now every cloudless night he spends in the garden of his house in the company of a telescope aimed at the starry sky.

The depths of space a picture of Steve Lougrana. This Fire Horse Head Nebula in Orion.

Another name for this sector of the map of the starry sky - North American Nebula. Surprisingly, this picture was taken on the total value of equipment less than 10 thousand pounds.

The collection of photographs of Mr. Lougrana Sword of Orion Nebula and the Heart and Soul, which resembles the shape of a heart and is located about 6,000 light years from Earth. Besides Steve boasts photographs Carina Nebula, which, according to estimates of experts, is about 6500-10000 light years from Earth, and is four times larger and brighter than the Orion Nebula.
Steve adds: "I still do not cease to be amazed when I see another picture ready. Of course, I imagine about how it will look like, but you never know for sure. In the shower - I'm a real geek and I like to mess around with all of these telescopes and electronics. But in the end it turns out that something beautiful and artistic. "

Outside of this world: Messier 42, or the Great Orion Nebula, it is a place where new stars are born actively.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting