Kuril skinheads

Writes blogger naturilist Igor Shpilenok:

Bear's family consists of females and cubs. Not everyone knows that Papa Bear in rearing is not involved. Moreover, some males do not miss an opportunity to diversify their menu weaker relatives, often bear cubs ... usually brings 2-3 cubs, at least, is still less than four. There are isolated cases with five cubs, but all the kids a chance to survive in such a family there. Even in a family with four cubs weakest part survives.
But in areas where bears are not persecuted people, and there is an abundance of forage safely grow all four.
Today I want to talk about their observations of a family in 2009 at Kuril Lake in South Kamchatka Preserve.
Eighteen months almost every morning I come to the same sand bar near the cordon at Cape Grassy. Bears are accustomed to the people there, because in the summer at the lake almost every day there are tourists. My presence they are not bothered; on the contrary, she bears engaged in fishing, began to use me for the protection of children from male-cannibals. Mother led her brood on the Spit, seated kids literally ten to fifteen meters away from me and went to the river for prey.

8 ph

Skinheads-fingerlings expelled from "their" beach adult bear with a cub. Note to spearhead a penalty - the small bear. That is character!

My favorite and hassle-free ward was fingerlings Vanka. He was the only child of his mother: plump and docile. He always cmirno sat in the place where his mother left: at a nearby driftwood. Roly hours playing with it using twigs how the horizontal bar, something like a rocking chair. Ckuchno he had no siblings, and peers, he avoided, he preferred to deal with his mother.

The second family, residing on the spit, is best known for bear-orphan adoption. It consisted of Mothers and Daughters and Sons eighteen months, as well as fingerlings Orphan

A third family - our current heroes matuh and her four young of the year, known as skinheads.

That restless characters! They tried to try on a tooth anything that moves! Floating on the river snag - it should definitely catch and chew. Photographer turned away from the camera on a tripod - it is necessary to overturn it and trample in the mud. They relentlessly chased by crows, gulls, ducks, foxes. His prosperous and well-fed is always coeval Vanka they terrorized in their presence, he clung to his mother, and she led him away from harm's way. Skinheads clung to all passing bears - to young and adults, causing scandals and even fights.

Matuh repeatedly tried to leave the skinheads "under my responsibility" at the time of fishing. That I did not like. There was only one way for a short time to keep them from disgrace - look them straight in the eye. Then they sit a bunch of like hypnotized. A entice shooting - they cbegayut. Returns matuh - no children. It looks to me as if to reproach: not save!

Nevertheless, all four matuh managed to feed and educate. Bear-heroine. Without child support, social security and maternity capital ... Here it is, in a rare moment of rest until skinheads chasing crows.

In 2010, I was only able to get a day on a grassy. The first bear that I saw were grown skinheads - such as restless as a year ago!

Source: http: //

Tags

See also

New and interesting