Climbers and Yosemite

You need to train your fingers and be very determined to grab the small opening on a deserted mountain area of ​​El Cap. Cliffhanger Kevin Dzhorgeson three years overcomes these parts of the route. But when he saw himself in the photo, I was impressed: "I touch the wall just fingertips».
15 photos from here

1. Without a unified insurance, Dean Potter makes its way to the top of the glacier called Paradise.

2. As soon as with one hand covered with chalk for better grip, Cedar Wright ignores the pain in the muscles, trying to climb to the summit, called Gravity Siling, en route to the highest mountain. "I give 199 percent, I can do it" - he says. "The main thing just remain calm."

3. Despite the obvious risks, this place in the Northwest of the mountain dome is a welcome respite place for Alex Honnold, who became a rock star at age 23, when he first took on this famous route without insurance.

4. The scorching sun tells Tony Kadvellu (left) and Kevin Dzhorgesonu, it's time to make a break before the development of a new route called El Capitan.

5. Dzhorgeson (left) and Kadvel live in a "hammock" at an altitude of 1500 feet above the ground for two weeks for which they are the route. What are the main amenities of home in the sky? The French press, coffee and iPhone (which is charged by the solar cell).

7. "You can be very strong, but still not ready for the passage of these routes," says Dzhorgeson as he climbs the Mount of El Cap, keeping only his fingertips. Like many professional climbers, he is constantly training to keep fit.

8. On the mountain El Capitan, the rope length of 200 feet is an indispensable attribute of the climbers who come here in search of entertainment.

9. On the ground, the climbers live in the legendary Camp №4. In particular, in this camp resident workers, conducting search and rescue operations.

10. Kate Rutherford climbs the mountain. She also stressed there is nothing to hold on. Spectacular scenery a bit distracted from the passage of the route. This route is called Freestone, and Rutherford said that "it is an unforgettable route."

11. This strip of granite 40 feet long on the mountain, the dome is the only way to reach the end of the North-West route. Most people crawling on it, - says Alex Honnold, but I prefer to go on it, because this "cooler". To climb it you need only 30 seconds and no technical skills, but even Honnold recognizes that it is quite sobering to look down from a height of 1,800 feet.

12. "It feels like I was floating in the air," - said Dean Potter, passing the rope over Yosemite Falls. Due to wind gusts and blinding fog, it is difficult to balance on the rope an inch thick at an altitude of 2600 feet, but with the rope tied to the back, you can avoid disaster.

13. Jump from the mountain dome is illegal, but in Yosemite sport called BASE jumping is gaining popularity with each passing day. Climbers say that it is much faster (and more fun) to parachute into the valley than to climb down.

14. "We make plans and dream" - says a veteran of the mountains in Yosemite - climber Kate Rutherford (in red). It holds in the valley El Capitan enormous amount of time with friends, exploring new and more difficult routes. With binoculars in hand, Libby Sotter watching his friend, who climbs the mountain El Capitan.

15. Alex Honnold overcomes the third zigzag on the mountain dome without any insurance. He was another difficult stretch, before it reaches the top.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting