Bosnia and Herzegovina

Photo-113 + text Picchu

If five years ago, the commercials I've been told that I'm going to marry the Bosnian-polutsygana polunemtsa, learned the Serbo-Croatian language and gather for permanent residence in Sarajevo, I would at least shook his finger to his temple ... But love, truth, works miracles

Mvoy first voyage in BiH I planned in September 2010., But came out lumpy pancake. Theoretically between our countries a visa-free regime, but actually ... I wish had a visa! To enter the territory of BiH must present an invitation from the Bosnian side or a travel voucher. I had an invitation. And here it was a trick. It turns out that in the Russian Federal Migration Service of BiH is considered dangerous country for Russian tourists, so the invitation must be stamped for permission to travel (!!!). Me that no one warned ... As a result - removed from the flight Belgrade-Sarajevo =)

This time I prepared thoroughly: and affix a stamp on the invitation, and tour-voucher issued. Flew to Sarajevo via Zagreb. Well, at least one scum check the documents properly! Upon arrival in Sarajevo was ever number. My young man held out his passport pograntsy further dialogue:
 - A young man, and that the girl with you?
 - This is my fiancee.
 - And why the passport she had no Yugoslavian?
 - It is Russian.
 - * * Lybyas to the ears of the Russian Bosnian ?! * * Lybyas wider Horoshooooooo! * Slaps both passport stamp on the entry, not even opening the passport data * Dobroshoshli in Bosnia and Hertsegovinu !!!

My friends, hear about the upcoming trip to BiH, often reacted so:
 - And where?
 - In the same war ?!
 - Go better in Thailand!

Here, this was not to be aware:
 - Bosnians - are Slavs. Regardless of the religion they confess
 - 30% of the population - Orthodox, 30% - and 30% of Catholics - Muslims. The rest who are in that much
 - Bosnian Muslims are fundamentally different from all the others. They believe in the Virgin Mary, visiting with friends and Christian churches generally believe that God is one like you Whatever you call it.
 - Bosnian Christians are not born yesterday. They Fame with your friends of Ramadan and go to the mosque on mood
 - If a woman wears a headscarf in BiH, it does not mean that she is a Muslim
 - Americans in BiH hate
 - English speaking people = American, so it's best to speak in Russian or Serbo-Croatian bad than good English
 - Russian man who knows a few words in Serbo-Croatian, open all the doors in BiH
 - The war ended in 1995. Now BiH - the safest country in all of the Balkan region
 - The locals living in the past and often talk about Yugoslavia
 - Few of BiH citizens consider themselves Serbs, Croats, Bosniaks or. Most often you can hear "I myself Yugoslavia»
 - The culture of BiH - a mixture of cultures of the Slavs, Italians, Ottomans and the Austro-Hungarians
 - BiH is one of the greenest countries in the world
 - 80% of the territory is covered by forests BiH
 - Natural resources are under state protection, so their damage and desecration of wheeled into a period of 10 years

And now, in fact, pictures))

1) Sarajevo. View from the bastion Jutaí Tabia

2) Night of Sarajevo. View from the bastion Jutaí Tabia

3) A street in the Turkish quarter of Sarajevo

4) The area of ​​Bascarsija and the dome of the museum Bruce Bezistan

5) Fountain Sebil

6) View of the river Miljacka

7) The famous restaurant Inat Heap and running up the street Alifakovats

8) Vechnitsa (aka library)

The building was built in the days of the Austro-Hungarian rule and was used as the town hall. During the Bosnian fuss vechnitsa hit hard, so now building under reconstruction

9) Old Orthodox Church

10) The courtyard of the old Orthodox Church

11) Tsarev mosque

12) Latin Cuprija (aka Principles bridge)

It is here that killed the Archduke Ferdinand, that was the beginning of the first World War

13) National Museum of Sarajevo

14) A street in the Austro-Hungarian quarter Sarajevo

15) The Catholic Church of St. Anne and the eponymous monastery

16) Saints Michael and Gabriel

17) City synagogue

18) The consequences of war ... At this point, until 1994. was a school.

19) The Bosnian War literally wiped off the face of the earth Sarajevo. So far, the city's many ruined buildings, such as it is - the case of one of the Sarajevo high schools

20) Almost every building in Sarajevo can be found such signs - a sign that the wall shot people

21) And now a joyful moment for all koshkolyubov Yap: bolder Bosnian Bosnian children only koshak

22) People pozorishte (State Theatre BiH)

23) The building of the Faculty of Law, University of BiH

24) The Academy of Arts

25) Park in the center of Sarajevo. Greenery everywhere. One gets the impression that no trees grow among the houses, and the houses stand among the trees

26) Administration Building Sarajevo Canton

27) Ali Mosque Flap

28) Sarajevo Rose

When the pavement exploded grenades that explode mines and people were dying, Bosnians in memory of potholes filled with colored inks. This is the most famous Sarajevo Rose, located in front of the Children's Park.

29) Children's Park Sarajevo immortalized the names of the children killed in the city during the Bosnian war.

PS: These are the names of those who were able to identify. When the Americans began bombing of Sarajevo, they fired exclusively civilian targets: schools, universities, hospitals, residential quarters. Men fought, while in urban areas were mostly women, children and the elderly. As a result now in BiH lack of female population and difficult demographic situation.

30) A monument to children in the Children's Park Sarajevo

31) Vatra is eternal (eternal flame) in memory of the fallen during the 2nd World

32) Eternal Flame. Close-up. Clearly visible traces of shells daubed

33) Street Marsala Tita

Local people call this street "Street snipers." It connects the city to the highway Bosnian snake and then to the airport Butmir. Titus came down the street ootok refugees from the city. On the right side of the street in the homes of Americans sat down and Serbs and "shot" of civilians, and on the left side are the soldiers of the Bosnian Army, "removes" the Americans and Serbs ...

34) Gradska trzhnitsa (City Market)

In the morning you can buy meat and dairy products of the highest quality. It brought here peasants from the surrounding villages. The most expensive meat - lamb tenderloin - cost about 350rub per kg. Pork will not find in the afternoon with fire. In BiH, nobody eats neither Muslims nor Christians.

35) Liberation Square

36) Home Orthodox Church Sarajevo

37) Pensioners on Liberation Square. In any weather, they play chess.

38) Catedral or the main Catholic Cathedral of Sarajevo

39) Husrevbegova Gazi Mosque. This is the main mosque of Sarajevo

40) Gazi Mosque Husrevbegova night

41) National Museum of BiH

The museum has an archaeological department, biological, historical and ethnographic. In the backyard is located a beautiful botanical garden.

42) But these towers (as well as the Houses of Parliament BiH) are familiar around the world. Their last silhouettes are not descended from the screens back in 1992.

43) The Parliament of BiH

44) Orthodox Church. Marin Dvor Sarajevo

45) Svrzina heap (Svrzo House)

Once in this house lived a rich merchant, and now a museum - an excellent example of Ottoman life

46) Courtyard Svrzinoy heap

47) What is its interior

48) moves in Jablanica

Here, during the 2nd World was held the famous Yugoslav operation to rescue the wounded. When the Germans surrounded the soldiers of the Yugoslav Army, Tito said: "We dare not leave the wounded!" Yugoslavs blew up a railway bridge and the Germans saw its ruins, decided that no one was left alive. Meanwhile, the Yugoslavs crossed by a wooden platform over the river and escaped.

Now Jablanica is a museum-panorama.

49) Famous vyskazivanie Titus

50) Ruined Bridge yablansky

51) The locomotive 40s

52) On the way to g.Mostar

53) River Neretva

Water from it is safe to drink, even in cities. River natolko fast and cold that few dare to swim in it. And there usual rainbow trout =)

54) Landscapes of the car window

55) Dobrodoshli in Mostar

56) war can be seen in any city

57) Trade street in downtown

58) the old Ottoman bastions

59) Now these are family-run guesthouse

60) Mostar street

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting