Dubai - one of the most beautiful and modern cities in the world, we have the opportunity to appreciate its beauty from a bird's flight.
A few days ago fate brought me to the United Arab Emirates. Technically, I'm here for the third time, but in July, I have been here only a span of the Seychelles and back. Now it's time to get acquainted with the country closer: the travel agency "Natalie Tours" invited me and another half dozen bloggers know better this hot corner of the Arab world in the Persian Gulf. Emirates are gaining popularity among Russian tourists, partly because our people can pronounce the word in any state of the United Arab Emirates :)
A five-day trip schedule is very tight, so this time I already depart from the usual format of travel writing and soon will publish thematic reports. Today we will explore the city-emirate of Dubai with altitude helicopter.
1. One of the areas with sightseeing helicopters located at the famous Atlantis hotel, on the edge of an artificial project "Palma". Surely these names have become familiar and explain that it is not necessary, projects are actually immense: the islands that hotel.
2. We take off over the area around the hotel and sharply Gaining Altitude: path lies to the city center and Dubai's skyscrapers.
3. The city of Dubai (in fact, almost everything in the country) is built on the classic American pattern: Downtown Business Center, with skyscrapers and wide stretches of residential neighborhoods with private homes of one or two floors.
4. Most dubaytsev prefer to live in private villas and townhouses: the difference is that the townhouses are built on a single project and are "wall-to-wall", houses are separated from each other. Houses are large and comfortable, it has everything inside. you need a modern man, even parking for several cars. That's only in contrast to America, like fences are almost like we have in the country, so that this fence was higher pomassivnee yes! Arabs generally quite secretive in matters of private life, including the neighbors. By the way, here are a few Arabs themselves: vosmimilionnogo population of only 950,000 Emirates make local people. Less than a million citizens in the seven million foreigners from around the world who work here.
5. United Arab Emirates - a young country. In total some forty years ago, they still went on donkeys, so they started to build a new supergosurarstvo, independence from Britain, the Arabs came to this issue thoroughly, inviting the best experts from around the world. So here is perfectly lined residential areas, roads, good infrastructure.
6. Look at the neat rows of houses and streets, look at the wide highways. Eye rejoices.
7. Multi-level road, all as it should be.
8. Business and commercial center of the city with dozens of towers, skyscrapers. Thus Dubai is still one big construction site, the tower grow like mushrooms.
9. Something I initially looked like the city of Las Vegas: the same bright sun, unbearable heat around the desert, and now a huge oasis in the middle of the sand.
10. The architecture of many buildings is very controversial, but in the whole complex looks great.
11. Of course, there are many parking lots as an indoor parking garage, and parking for visitors to shopping centers. They are many malls system is the same as in the United States.
12. Is that a lot of mosques, they are almost on every corner. And every mosque has a parking.
13. It is the Persian Gulf and one of the biggest in the Middle East shipyards.
There are several marinas for yachts.
15. The world's only semizvёzdochny hotel Burj Al Arab (Arab Tower), popularly known as the Sail. Until recently, the tallest hotel in the world - 320 meters. Also very recognizable buildings.
16. And this is the project "Palma", a huge artificial island built by Sheikh Dubai a few years ago. The success of this project, few believed, because before this no one has done anything like this. But today Palma is a huge number of villas and hotels, with some still under construction. This project was the first in the country in which the property is able to buy foreigners.
17. On the branches of palm trees located two thousand houses, the cost of each is now about five million dollars.
18. At the edge of the Palm Atlantis Hotel is located, grand building, designed in the style of the sunken Atlantis. After the flight, I went right there, and soon will tell you about the interiors of the hotel and the present eastern miracles out there who have realized.
19. Recently, a kilometer away began to build another one the same bulk Palma island already poured, but construction of buildings has not yet begun. Incidentally, the "Atlantis" is undergoing action: everyone who buys a tour in this hotel, so walk to the helicopter gets a gift. Despite the steepness of the five-star hotels, the cheapest room costs from $ 250 per night. The average price is not the most tricked Moscow hotel.