One case from my psychiatric practice

Volodya K. lived with her aunt. His aunt and brought him to the hospital named P.P.Kaschenko.
Not very tall, round, she was an employee of trade, his aunt. It was seen by itself. All Soviet workers in trade were something alike. Perhaps it was also because it is clear that every time she visited her nephew, she drags the medical staff at the same time the Department of the products in the stores did not lie.
Volodin's aunt said that she brought him to Moscow after his parents died, and all his other relatives in Altai. In my opinion, in the Altai, I do not remember.

Born Vladimir K. at some abandoned, godforsaken village where everyone drank. And we drank incessantly. Permanently. One fell off of a long table, his place was taken by another immediately, rising from the floor. How to grow from the ground people. They drank around the clock. They drank and died.
The first words were a little Volodya K. "give the wine!". So intelligently in this village called moonshine that shone there turbulent river.
Good villagers, of course, not denied Volodya K. in such detail. So he began to drink in three years. She ran naked in boots under the table ("When Lenin was small, he wore the same boots ...") and repeated the same phrase: "Give wine, let the wine, let the wine».

In eight years, half-dead Volodya found sleeping in a rut. Nearby lay an empty bottle and a half of onions.
Volodya K. Soon, the parents died and his aunt Moscow took him to her. Since that time, that is, ten years, Volodya K. threw the drink.
Here we have, I think, to evaluate the goodness of the Soviet worker trade. I say this without irony. Agree, still need to have the strength and heart to God knows where drag is not very smart, are not attended school boy and he devoted much time.

In my department, Volodya K. did, when he was about 18. It was a crazy sick. The plot of his delirium was very primitive. After all, the plot of delirium is directly related to intelligence and erudition of the patient.
Volodya K. divided all people into two categories. Actually men and Pinocchio.

- You know, Andrew G., - explained Vladimir - there is a person, and there is Pinocchio. Pinocchio under the skin of all of wood.
- Well, you are, I hope, are not going to check with a knife who Pinocchio and who is man? - I asked.
- No, you, Andrew G., I do not need. I feel, and is easily determined.
- Well, - I ask. - That's who I am? Man or Pinocchio?
- You, Andrew G., man. And nurse Tanya is also a man. But the orderly Nikolai Fedorovich - Pinocchio.
Strange, I thought then. Primitive kind, and how exactly.
Even today I look at people and I remember Volodya K. I think this one - man. And this - just Pinocchio ».

And somehow we were sitting with Volodya K. kaschenskogo branch in the lobby. Hall is large and spacious. The ceilings are tall. In this hall there were evening visits with sick relatives, and in the afternoon the doctors there were collected from the patients history and wrote his history.
Windows, it must be said, in the lobby were huge.
Branch was on the ground floor. So, we sit and talk with Volodya about this huge window. And outside the clear blue sky, the old lime, green dense grass. In general, summer.
Suddenly Volodya K. says to me:
- You know, Andrew G., I can influence the weather?
- So how? - I ask.
- And so ... But if a drought, for example, I can make it rain. And if, on the contrary, the rains, I can do so that they will cease. You tell me, Andrew G., somebody up there. Our country is in fact all the time fighting for the harvest. And I'll help bring the country's favor.

My mood was militant. I started to study psychiatry and was open to new knowledge. Behind it was already a no life experience. I've seen the seas and oceans. I already knew something and that something could. But I, very much like an experiment.
- Well, Volodya, - I say. - Let's do it now, to the rain. The wind blew. And some painfully good weather. Even the nasty work.
- Well, Andrew G., now make. Wait a moment ...
Volodya K. turned to the window and began to stare at him. I bent down and began to write a diary in the medical history of their patients in order not to waste time.
When I raised my head and looked out the window, the sky quietly floated one fluffy cloud. There was complete calm.
- Well, Volodya, it turns out?
- Get. Now wait a little longer.
And again, I began to write, and he - staring into a big box kaschenkovskoe.

When I looked up from his scribbling second time, I was amazed.
The sky black clouds sailed rapidly. Then he blew a gentle breeze. And then suddenly there was such a gust of wind, which I've only seen in the film "The Mirror" by Andrei Tarkovsky filmed operator George Rerberg. When the grass in the frame suddenly fell to the ground, dramatically changing its color.
Outside, stirred old trees. And he went torrential rain.
Volodya turned from the window and looked at me a winner.
I muttered something under his breath, gathered medical history and took Volodya K. in his ward.

At work, I had to get stuck for a long time. Zonta was not. The rain did not stop.
I even wondered whether to ask Volodya K. weather to return back. However, I realized that if I need to stay in this room, only this time in a completely different role.

Since then, I would never dissuade patients in their delirium, and did not ask them to demonstrate their abilities.
This is an absolute law for psychiatrists.
Treat Volodya K. I was after this case is difficult. But somehow I still restored its credibility.

LJ via

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting