The collection of instruments of torture last executioner of France.

French auction house yesterday began selling the collection executioner Fernand Mason. Who does not know - this is the last executioner of France. His collection consists mainly of instruments of torture. Age has some of them hundreds of years 3-4. In particular, of great interest to collectors are such "istyazatelnye" artifacts: a rope for hanging tools for crushing bones and chairs for torture, as well as bath, which kept severed heads.

This man was born in June 1931. In 1947, while still quite a young man, he began to help his father - Maurice Meyssone, Assistant Chief Executor of Algeria - during the decapitation of prisoners. For years, the state has worked out ekzekutorskoy team, composed of five persons: waiting for a vacancy. Appointed first assistant Executor January 1, 1958, remained in that position until his departure to Tahiti in 1961. The real experience of his work thus executioner It amounted to more than 12 calendar years. As first assistant participated in the killings of 65 people during the performance of some of the sentences served as the chief executioner.
In 1992, in the town of Fontaine-de-Vaucluse in France F.Meyssone opened unique in its kind "Museum of Justice and Punishment", which lasted until September 1998

Here is the explanation of one of his last interviews:

"Sometimes I say," How much courage is necessary to execute people on the guillotine. " But this is not the courage and self-control. Confidence has to be one hundred percent. When the sentenced were taken into the prison yard, they immediately saw the guillotine. Some held bravely, others fell unconscious and urinated in his pants. I crawled right under the guillotine, grab the client's head and pulled over. If at this moment my father accidentally dropped a knife, I would have chopped in half ...

When I pressed the head of the client to the stand, my father lowered a special wooden device with a circular cut, holding his head in position. Then another podnatuzhivaeshsya, grab the client behind the ears, pulls up to his head and shouts: «Vas-y mon pere!» («Come on, Father!"). If you delay, the client managed to somehow respond: turned her head, biting my hands. Or head to pull out. There had to be careful - the knife fell very close to my fingers. Some prisoners shouted "Allahu akbar!»

The first time I remember thinking: "So quick!" Then he used to. On the neck of a person has two arteries - when the head is cut off, blood splatters of them five meters. It's like water to splash out of the two cups. In my opinion, the more the client is afraid, the more gushing blood. But the head is not particularly bleeding. Eyes slightly rotates, but only just. Seizures more than a few seconds, do not last. Once I put a hand on his chest beheaded. Heart pounding, like a car engine with spark plugs. Take out the candle - and the engine will fail "clack-clack-clack." It takes twenty seconds and everything. Rose. One prisoner began to fight with us. We have tried to tie him up, but he was inhumanly strong. Otkoloshmatili his guards, the whole head smashed into the blood. And when I had to grab him by the head, my fingers kept slipping. Knife, we still somehow lowered, but when it was done, and his head was left in my hands, my face was covered with his blood. I felt what it's hot. When the guards saw me: a person in the blood in his hands - a severed head, three or four fainted.

Posted in [mergetime] 1334089385 [/ mergetime]

Last

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting