Knife KA-BAR USMC

Hello!
Today wanted to show the famous knife. This - the famous World War II Ka-Bar US Marines.

As the story goes, the knife got its name in 1920, after one of the buyers of the knife sent a letter to the manufacturer. The letter tells the buyer knife managed to escape, killing a bear with this knife. But the letter everything got wet, so the ink is washed away. As a result, the phrase «KILL BEAR» in washed off the ink looked like «KA BAR» - the only thing that could make it out.

The hosts took advantage of the moment and history, the firm was renamed and began to produce blades Ka-Bar, with appropriate advertising.
Well, I'll show you today is almost the same Ka-Bar. :)
11 pictures

Here is the box.

Box, by the way, the new, earlier there was another with a knife practically drawing on the cover. Now another. Open. There, in addition to the knife, literature.

All the same literature ...

Interesting facts about the knife, how it was used during World War II, have been modified ...

Okay, sorry. :) We took out a knife from a cardboard sheath - leather. Sheath, however, are made in Mexico, says little about what nakleechka I threw.

On the other hand.

Handle of leather. It is not quite soft, the skin is impregnated and hardened. Very beautiful and durable.

A knife in a sheath

Compared with the swiss army

One more to the pile compared. :)

General impression - a knife - a powerful, such as a knife diver. Heavy and sharp, sharpening keeps.

Chrome vanadium high-carbon steel works.

But most of all I like the history of this knife. He certainly is not the best, but to own it - very nice. :)

Posted in [mergetime] 1360383867 [/ mergetime]
All children can vomit. :)

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting