Juba

We continue to get acquainted with the youngest African state, South Sudan and its capital Juba. This is probably one of the poorest capitals I've seen. Despite the fact that there are 400,000 people living in the city are no roads, sewerage, water supply, public transport. Most of the population lives without electricity and basic amenities. Grilled on charcoal, and drink water directly from the river.

hence

01. Normal city street asphalt ... there is only on the main roads.

02. In the town of a few tall buildings. High is 5-7 floors. All the rest - one-story sheds. In principle, all of Juba - a big village.

03. One of the capital's neighborhoods. Juba's population has increased since 2005 from 60 thousand to 400 thousand in 2011, because of this a lot of problems with the supply.

04. People cook outside.

05. A local resident.

06. One quarter of the city.

07. House. In Southern Sudan, Samyang great maternal mortality in the world.

08. Locals love to adorn themselves with scars on his forehead leaving here are the pictures.

09. Scars doing since childhood. Even in Southern Sudan is incredibly a lot of flies. Flies stuck to everything - food, animals and people. Especially flies like snotty kids.

10. A local resident.

Incidentally, the reader is probably thinking, "Ugh, what they're terrible!" I baa not jump to conclusions. Recently, there was a beauty contest.

But the beauty winning:

11. The young African state the problem of garbage. There are no services for cleaning, no musorok no dumps. More specifically the town itself - a big dump.

18. Hospital.

19. Church.

20. In Southern Sudan gained popularity incomprehensible hookahs.

21. I do not know who and when they had introduced here, but all the smoke constantly.

22. In the photograph, including the phone requires an official permit from the Ministry of Information.
Nelyazya shoot close to the government buildings and military installations, gas stations, bridges, airports and so on. There are many security officers in plain clothes. Recently, two foreigners were arrested in Juba after the gas station photos. Fear of the camera here is huge. The driver always worried that someone would see that I had a camera and asked him to hide constantly.

23. Witnessed the accident knocked motorcyclist. Before he could fall as the body (it is not clear whether he is alive), quickly picked up the men with guns, thrown into peaks and taken away. The crowd still going. Any incident - a big event for the city. In Juba, by the way, no one rider does not use the helmet.

24. Bus.

25. Copy center.

26. As I have already said, the city has no running water, so a bunch of water trucks on the roads.

27. The water they take from the Nile. This water then people drink, cook in it and used on the farm. Other water is not there.

28. Along the Nile are pumps for refueling water carriers.

31. Here wash.

32. In Southern Sudan is one of the most underdeveloped economies in the world.

33. Gays are allowed 10 years in prison, to detach from its northern neighbor, punished under Sharia law.

Posted in [mergetime] 1364042509 [/ mergetime]
That's all I wanted to say!

Posted in [mergetime] 1364042791 [/ mergetime]
Reports over.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting