The post is inspired by the theme "50 largest cities of Russia and the United States»
Recently, a very popular theme with a discussion of the most negative features, which were overgrown with Russian cities. Especially "lucky" in this regard, Moscow - the largest city and the capital of our vast homeland. Constant traffic jams, continuing development, the influx of migrants, the deputies with flashing lights, a great crime, frantic pace of life - the list is endless. But today I would like to take a look at the other side of our capitals and to show what still can and should love this city with a history dating back centuries. I have prepared a small report and invite everyone to take a walk in places that Moscow, which I love. That Moscow, I would like to see continued through many years.
Immediately say, that the post - impulse of the soul, not an order. Photos are not mine, I collected all over the Internet, so the source is not specified. The information part is borrowed from Wikipedia.
So, let's begin. It will be 11 parts, 96 photos and a few introductory text.
1. The place from which to start any city - is its center, its "face" - in Moscow is Red Square. Getting its history falls on the XV-XVI century, the name in that time has undergone several changes - "Fire", "large area", "Vasilyevskaya area", but the official name of Red (that is beautiful) reserved for it from 1661 by decree of Tsar Alexey Mikhailovich Romanov. At first, the area was used as the arcade, shops, merchants' houses and estates, and the well-known "Place of Execution" associated with the deliverance of Moscow from the invasion of the Tatars in 1521, was used as an arena for the reports of important information to the public. At present the area - this is one of the most important architectural monuments of the world, millions of tourists visit the place and the symbol of the state.
2. It is equally important, without which certainly does not represent the city, none from Moscow, this is the Bolshoi Theatre. The appearance in our town this architectural wonder and highly cultured we are obliged to Empress Catherine II, who commissioned its construction Prince Peter Urusov in 1776. Unfortunately, the theater burned down and not being unfinished, and has been completed and is open only to 1780 thanks to the efforts of the English entrepreneur Michael Medox and architect Christian Roseburg. His first name - Bolshoi Petrovsky Theatre. However, 25 years later, in 1805, the theater suffered the same fate as the first time - he burned, and as such stood until 1821 as long as there has not been included in the master plan of Moscow. To this day the theater survived another fire, redevelopment, were even disputes to close it, but still he went through all the tests, and today pleases audiences with quality performances of world masterpieces of opera and ballet. One of them - a Christmas story "The Nutcracker." Tickets go on sale idea a few months before the show, and disperse in a matter of days. Many admirers of high art are ready to be on duty at night at the box office and pay considerable sums to look at a masterpiece by Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, and, nevertheless, happy owners of cherished tickets are not all.
3. Moscow Metro. It occupies the 4th place in the world on the intensity of use and is widely known for exquisite finishing stations, some of which can truly be called the masterpieces of architecture. It was opened in 1935 and originally bore the name of LM Koganovicha. To date, the subway system has 12 lines and 188 stations. During the operation it has been discontinued by some types of cars which have been replaced by new ones. Currently, the oldest cars are used by staff of the "Hedgehog-3", issued before 1979, and the latest - cars type 81-760 / 761 "Oka", produced from 2011. Due to the deep location at many stations and crossings are used escalators, the longest of which is located at the station "Victory Park", lifting height is 63, 4 meters. In addition to its transport function underground in its history it has been used by people for shelter from the air raids during the 2nd World War. Currently, he is equipped to be used as air-raid shelters, as well as shelter in case of flooding. In it, there are cases on diesel power outage in the city.
I believe that the people who work there truly can be called a hero, because you need to have nerves of steel and great strength of will to daily endure such a huge emotional burden, not to mention the inconvenience of constant noise and lack of fresh air and daylight light.
4. What Muscovite can imagine their city without the Sparrow Hills, and without the university, despite the overall drop in the level of education is still included in the lists of the most prestigious universities in Russia and around the world? Of course, this Moscow State University, Moscow State University, or simply talking. The decree establishing it was signed in 1755 by Empress Elizabeth, and it was noted that memorable day, students throughout Russia every year on 25 January. In addition to the main faculties and departments, numbering several dozen, at the University as a library, educational and scientific center, student theater, zoological museum, herbarium, a museum of history, periodicals and more.
More learning in music school, I stood there with the school orchestra, and that day is imprinted in my memory as one of my most vivid memories.
5. The place where many of us were sure, and some people may experienced there are some exciting moments of his life - "Olympic." Now located next to the station "Prospect Mira", the complex was built in 1980 and at that time was considered the only one in Europe this type of construction. It consists of two parts - an indoor stadium and swimming pool. The stadium regularly hosts sports, concerts and many Russian and world stars. Throughout its history, the Olympic took on its stage such world famous artists like Depeche Mode, Deep Purple, Scooter, Alice, Mylène Farmer, Marilyn Manson, A-ha, Bjork, Robbie Williams, The King and the Clown, Pink, Rammstein, Garbage, DDT Sting, The Time Machine, Beyonce, Tokio Hotel, Rihanna, Zemfira, Kylie Minogue, Slipknot, The Offspring, Agatha Christie, CHajf, Aria, Mumiy Troll and many others. In 2009, the year the arena held the semifinal and final of Eurovision, and in 2010 and 2013 - concerts of world famous musical Notre Dame de Paris. In recent years, the UK has artificial ice rink in the winter works.
6. What occupies my personal ranking, and in the heart of a special place - Museum-Reserve "Kolomenskoye". It has long been revered by the Moscow grand dukes and kings, it was first mentioned in writing in 1336, the year. The most flourishing of Kolomenskoye fell on the reign of Tsar Alexei Mikhailovich Romanov, who loved to spend their free time here. Within the reserve are located the church colonel and Decrees chambers, cast-iron cannon, farm buildings, merchant houses a sample of the Middle Ages, the house of Peter I, a water mill, ponds, wooden palace of Alexei Mikhailovich, erected in 2010, the year of saved drafts, which is rightly It can be called a miracle of architecture. For me, this park is like an oasis in the desert, where I can walk in any weather, a break from the city bustle, to think about everything that comes to mind, or simply admire the beautiful views while listening to music. Every year is traditionally the summer weekends there are a small representation of Alexander Zhikhareva playing on old instruments - bilah. Unusual sound from the blows of the plates is spread through the park and surprisingly blends with the surrounding landscape, and those who want to listen to it, can stretch out on the green grass and watch the sky, the trees, the river belt, allowing thoughts to take yourself away ...
Kolomenskoye well suited to those who enjoy active leisure activities - roller skates, bikes, skates, ball games, and is open in the winter ski slopes and an ice rink.
7. I can not imagine myself without her Moscow Boulevard Ring. The resulting on-site demolished walls and towers of the White City, the tabloid network was laid in the 1780s. The longest is the Tverskoy Boulevard (857 meters), and the shortest - Candlemas (214 m). From the south, the ring is limited and interrupted by the Moscow River. Boulevard Ring performs several functions - in the first place is the place for celebrations and rest in his spare time and study the hundreds of thousands of Muscovites. Planted around the perimeter of the "ring" trees, grass and shrubs provide a center of the oxygen necessary for the respiratory tract population. In addition, due to the boulevards created a convenient transport channel connecting the different areas of the center together. Here are 9 underground stations, which also facilitates the task of Muscovites to get from one place to another city. On the Boulevard Ring, there are many ponds, fountains, cafes, shops, restaurants, monuments to prominent figures of history, science and art in Russia, as well as the great masters of architecture from around the world.
8. Further, in my list is the theater called "Illusion". This place is not very well known in Moscow, but for me it has a special value. A prized among those who know about it, it is first of all for its atmosphere. If you are going to see another world sensational blockbuster crunching popcorn, caustic comments and rzhach neighbors, this place is definitely not for you. "Illusion" is famous in the first place that it is the only theater in Moscow, fully preserved the spirit of the Soviet period. Affordable prices, bright quiet lobby, where you can sit quietly at the table and read a book with a cup of low-cost coffee, nice staff, beautifully decorated auditorium with comfortable seating and a varied repertoire of the State Film Fund - so I remember the theater since 2010, the year, and I sincerely hope that it remained the same today despite a fire and reconstruction of last year. I was fortunate to work with the management of the cinema, and I take this opportunity to express to them my deep gratitude for your attention and wish to help in the organization of our event.
9. Another interesting place in our city for lovers of original research and recreation of distant galaxies - the Moscow Planetarium. Open since 1929, he became the 13th planetarium in the world. It is known especially the fact that there were trained on navigating all Soviet cosmonauts since 1987, as well as its fantastic theater, where performances were staged on the works of the famous science fiction writers. Since 1990, the planetarium is installed the largest telescope in Moscow, available for everyone to enjoy the heavenly bodies. In order to obtain funding, not just alternating the leadership undertaken a planetarium litigation is not always ends in favor of the plaintiff. Currently, all of the shares belong to the planetarium Moscow Property Department. Last its reconstruction and purchase of modern equipment made in 2010 year due to city budget. Inauguration of the renovated planetarium was held on 12 June 2011. This planetarium has several levels, which are located on the Small Star Hall, 4D-cinema, interactive museum "Lunarium" Urania halls of the museum, large and small astronomical site, Big Star Hall. All of these names speak for themselves - something for everyone here will be able to any visitor. But what to say, admire themselves ...
10. This is an amazing place, I discovered only this winter. It is strange that the very close working for three years, I had no idea that is very close to such a beautiful building, and not just a building - it is well-known among the Catholic population of the Moscow Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary. During its existence, the Cathedral had to go through a lot. He was consecrated in 1911, and finishing work inside continued until 1917. As a parish church it operated until 1938. Then, the Soviet authorities had declared the persecution of the church, the church was closed, church property looted and the building was turned into a hostel. In addition to this temple during the war he suffered from air raids. Later, the building of the Temple was used as a "headquarters" SRI "Mosspetspromproekt." The issue of the return of the Temple of his initial appointment was made in 1989 by the Polish Cultural Association. The Government of Moscow for years to postpone the decision on the future of the building, and only in 1996, after a number of scandals with the Research Institute of the Polish representatives, it was transferred to the Catholic Church. The restored cathedral was consecrated in 1999 by Cardinal Angelo Sodano Vatican. In 2011, the Cathedral celebrated its centenary. Currently, he is working in normal mode, there are regularly held the Mass and the evening concert of organ music and performances of choirs. Once here the first time, I was struck by the difference between the cathedral and our Orthodox churches. Yes, and people here are very different. I had the opportunity to visit the Cathedral of Christ the Savior, and after comparing the two holy places, I could not help making a choice is not in favor of it. But this is my opinion, someone may disagree, and some do not, the choice of everyone.
So look Church before restoration:
And here is what it looks like today:
11. This concludes our journey and I thank all those who showed patience and accompanied me to the end. As a bonus, I would like to mention something without which Moscow would not be Moscow - is its embankments. What can I say, here they are ...