Ivory fisherman rescued man from fire

When I meet on the street red cat, immediately reminded of a story that happened to me in the Carpathians. Its beginning no signs of anything unusual.

I called the chairman of the trade union committee of the enterprise and said that I can pick up my ticket to the selected resort. After a few minutes I would sign in the statement, and a few days later was racing with a suitcase at the station.

He came to the city. There I was at the station "pleased" that the next train in Transcarpathia - "Moscow-Chop" go five hours, and the station Carpathians, where the eponymous resort, he will arrive at two o'clock. What to do? I had to buy a ticket. While driving, I tried to ask for travel in the car, how far it is from the railway sanatorium. No one knew. Conductors reassured: at the station someone tell me how to get to places.

And the long-awaited station Carpathians. After a warm car a fresh breeze from the mountain tops appeared penetrating to the bone. I looked from side to side - the terms of the darkness, and no sign of civilization. Only away from the station glowed one single light bulb.

I went to her. Right roared mountain stream, the left chenille forest. And no! When he reached the station, I was amazed: it was empty unlit building with a small room, like a waiting room, in the midst of which there was one single bench. Later I learned that after the collapse of the Soviet Union eliminated Karpaty station, although due to a train sanatorium there is still stopped.

In general, I entered the long-abandoned station, sat down on a bench and waited, not knowing why. Start something no one knows where! As time went on. I feel more numb feet, the cold gets to the arms and back. By the calendar - April, in his native Crimea - almost summer, so I did not bring warm clothes. And here mountain frost made itself felt. I went outside and began waving his arms and slapped his knees and shoulders, trying to warm up the cold body. "Value shove across Ukraine, to freeze in the Carpathians?" - I thought with annoyance.

Suddenly resounded near some rumbling. I froze, listening, trying to understand how this is a strange sound. Finally, I see: because of the angle appears ginger cat muzzle with two flashlights large yellow eyes. I felt safer in my soul-all still a living being. The cat looked at me closely, as if asking: what the hell I've been stuck here for the dead of night?

- Road do not know, Bob. Help, whether a friend, - I say.

The cat meowed and turned abruptly, as if inviting to follow him. I picked up the suitcase and went. We crossed a road, went to the other - a cobbled, climbs up through a forest glade. Soon the forest began to thin, and I saw the old building (as it turned out, the hunting castle of Count Erwin Schonburg, built in the late XIX century). My red wire confidently walked the building and led me to the lake. However, there did not stop and went on to the next body.

Approaching, I saw a sign "Receiving a rest." Hooray! There I met two sleepy resort employee. They have issued a couple of minutes my papers, marveling at my story about how I was freezing, being just a few hundred meters from the target travel. It turned out, night trains had to meet a security guard, but only in the night for some reason did not come out. To somehow make amends, I lived in a great room on the first floor overlooking the lake, and soon I was sleeping in a warm bed.

The next morning I went to breakfast. My attention was caught by the crowd standing on the shore of the lake next to the dining porch. I went closer and saw an interesting picture. My night was red wire sticking out of the water on a rock. At one point, Bob (it turned out that I'm guessing his name) quickly waved his paw and stranded carp. Fans gasped with delight. The cat, meanwhile, rushed to the fish, grabbed her, dragged out of the water and purring with pleasure, began to breakfast.

It turned out the cat fishing in a sanatorium was commonplace. However, it occurred only when the wind was blowing east. The fact that vacationers wanting to feed the fishes, throwing pieces of bread into the water, the east wind blew the crumb to the shore. This in turn causes Karasin herd almost jump out of food on Vas'kin stone. When it begins west breeze, the cat remained without a catch as the fish was walking away from his ambush.

In one of those days I called Vaska hungry to his balcony and shared with him breakfast. Since then, we became inseparable friends. Often, when I went to take a walk around the lake, Vaska accompanied me, walking in front, like a regular conductor.

Once in inclement weather, I did not go for a walk, and turning on the TV, I lay down on the bed and fell asleep. I dreamed that I was at a fire in a forest glade: the heat, well, the birds are singing. Suddenly jumps out of the bushes Vaska, begins to run around the fire and a heart-rending scream. From his alarm cry I woke up and saw the room full of smoke, the fire blazes near a TV, while balcony door torn screaming from fear my friend Basil. I grabbed my jacket and put out the fire.

Then it turned out that the fire was caused by a short-circuit television wire caught fire, then the fire spread to lie next to the newspaper. That's the second time Carpathian fisherman saved me from trouble.

Yuri KOMLACH, Feodosia, Crimea

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting