Night Photography

I want to talk about their hobby.
It all started about 5 years ago when me and my friend caught such a popular topic Stalkers and visits to various abandoned places.

So we decided to try it. In Latvia, where I live, is full of such places, so it was not necessary to travel far. First we visited the abandoned sanatorium, then a paper mill and another small resort on the beach. Buildings are accessible to all, so their condition was very pitiful. But we liked it and we decided to go away from Riga, in an abandoned military camp. So we were joined by another friend, who would later become the inspiration behind the idea of ​​a night photography, as well as the main photographer.

We went at an affordable, well-known Latvian stalkers places, and our initial goal was just visiting these objects, but after a while we began to devote more time to photography.

Two years passed, and one day we decided to experiment with light. They arrived at Sigulda (place a 1-hour drive from the capital), wait until it gets dark and went to work.

Thus were born the mushrooms :)

It will be 18 photos.

Next, we have the interest of a hobby in this direction grew and we began to experiment with light and with places. We did an abandoned bobsleigh track

We also invested time in search for various abandoned places, and it turned out that we have a huge amount of Latvia abandoned estates, many of which look very unusual in the night light

This pool on the estate, which in Soviet times was transformed into a sanatorium. Now here is no one swims :)

Generally, we are not afraid of the dark. We are so accustomed to that we can long in total blackness individually standing in an abandoned church in the dungeons missile silos or in the corridors of an abandoned summer camp. But in this estate, I first felt the presence of supernatural forces. But that's another story :)

In one of the trips we were joined by a fourth friend, and we became a quartet. A photographer and 3 assistants generator of ideas.

It abandoned the Orthodox church in the woods. In the picture the two of us, I'm hiding behind a man and it comes from my flash a red light at the door.

It's the same church. At night photography of this genre has its own peculiarities, and to make this shot, it took us 12 minute delay.

Generally, we use Photoshop only for bonding of frames in a single shot. This is done in order to avoid noise and reduce errors.

And this is me :)

This time we were looking for a Muscovite in the woods on a tip from a friend. It was autumn, sit was very cold, but it was worth it.

Since the digital camera, we can deceive him, replacing the white in any other. This is how we got the red sky.

More we sometimes use pyrotechnics. A little bit.

And this is a big bunker in the center of the city. To get to him, we had to climb over the fence :) It is slightly flooded, but we have to have this boots. This image consists of 3eh individual frames - first green laser, then the fireworks, and then the ball in the center. As a person, the twisting ball, does not reflect enough light, it does not remain in the frame, so it seems that the ball is in the air itself.

This staircase abandoned hospital of the Red Cross. View upwards. The building is guarded, so it's a rare case when I had to obtain official permission for filming.

All the same hospital. Trying to recreate the picture from a horror movie :)

Once we begin with this resort. Huge two 9-storey block, which from the beginning of the 90th are opposite each other and sad looking into the distance with his empty eye sockets.

A few years later we came back.

This photo took 4:00. It consists of 100+ individual frames stacked together.

Another estate and again I in the foreground.

The ruins of the Lutheran Church, which was destroyed during the Second World War.

And this is my favorite :)

Abandoned old watchtower. Obscene looks incredible - huge obelisk in the middle of the field.

Generally, when you live in the city, had no idea how beautiful and the star is the night sky, especially in winter.

Another church.

Sometimes amazed how many ancient sites is slowly dying, and no one to have no business in our state.

Locator (acting).

In Soviet times there was a secret military base, but with the departure of the troops at the beginning of the 90th military town pilfered local. Two of the three locator persuaded to leave power. Tips, leaving, destroyed all wiring and instructions for use, but our craftsmen able to restore everything. Now used for scientific purposes.

The photo was taken in the light of the moon, so it turns out such an unusual lighting.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting