A resident of the Amur region saved from death raccoon

A resident of the Free the Amur region Andrei Zhadko sheltered at home raccoon dog, pick it up on the track. Exhausted from the cold wild animal almost died under the wheels of the car. Amurchanin had time to slow down.

- Went to the grandmother in the village. At 90 kilometers from the free saw a roadway overcomes some animal. At first thought it was a puppy, - said Andrey Zhadko. - Stop the car, his wife ran to catch up. Despite the fact that he barely moved, he caught only in the forest, and went back, as we thought, a badger in his arms.

It was clear that the beast is very cold, and therefore everything that happens reacted sluggishly.

- On the way we stopped at one of the village shops - take an empty box to the animal it easier to transport - continued amurchanin. - Learning that we badger, local offered to let him under the knife, they say - badger fat useful. But we have other values, the animal was brought home.

Poking around the Internet, it became clear that sheltered or raccoon dog is called - Ussuri raccoon. In the cold season animals hibernate, and this information was enough to understand why the "foundling" is "lazy" mood.

- The fact that he is "minus" temperature was in the "street" - most likely the wine village dogs that might wake him - suggested Zhadko. - A creature bothers me - he does not eat, do not drink, is in the same position. Maybe it dies, and maybe scared very much. I do not know what a wild beast, after all.

Now Ussuri raccoon trying to warm up the inhabitants of the Free, feed, but to find at least temporary shelter. In the spring it will have to unleash as raccoon dogs live in pairs, which just make this time of year.

- I'm at a loss, as the Free no places where you could used to attach the animal. I heard in Blagoveshchensk in the station of young naturalists can shelter, but to reconcile this issue is impossible - the New Year holidays after all. Actually, for the same reason we can not see your veterinarian, - concluded Andrei Zhadko.

via goodnewsanimal

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting