As I nursed the kitten without cats

Background. One autumn day, coming home from work. His wife had to go to the pharmacy to buy something. I sat in the car waiting for her. Returned husband with round eyes, and said - look at the box near the door pharmacies. I'm going, I think there is some kind of tin, and there is little kitten.

6 photos.

The kitten was dried umbilical cord (at first I took to be a twig stuck and almost going to tear - realized in time). The kitten was on the strength of 1-2 days old.
I had to take - it's cold outside, pharmacists say someone brought and it is all day and yelling.
My first thought - what to feed him? I went bought a cream, pipette think vykormlyu.
Then he decided to search in Google, as it is fed. It was found that cats fed cow's milk is contraindicated (they lack the enzyme that processes lactose in milk, and they just die). I went to the pet store and bought the cat milk replacer:

and pacifier:

Divorced milk according to instructions, poured into 5 ml of the nipple, and faced the first challenge: the kitten stubbornly did not want to suck. He just turned away from the nipple. I gently squeezed the kitten's head in his hands, and shoved a pacifier force. It does not suck. I went to the pharmacy for disposable syringes, feeding from the spout of the syringe. Clutching his head, he stuck his nose from the syringe and slowly squeezed.
There is one ambush. If you squeeze too fast - kitten choke and suffocate. And slowly push fails, shrugging slightly - the syringe plunger does not move, and stronger - it shoots. I thought of pre-experiment. The syringe was a rubber plunger, I had moistened in milk, soak himself inside the syringe, then inserted a piston and scored milk again. It helped.
To feed frequently, every 2 hours, at night, too - or kitten is not enough food or he will get sick or die. So I dragged him to work (a lot of people around mimikala around a kitten), fed there, at night every two hours to get up and fed.
The second ambush. Kittens this age do not know how to defecate. The solution is simple - take the kitten gently, holding it with one hand over the sink, and the other hand gently stroking the soft, damp warm cloth in the area under the tail and the cat prichindalov. Imitating a cat licking. You've got to be patient - 5 minutes, it is necessary to do so until the pee. Can poop.
The third ambush. Molokozamenitel should be warm, fresh (not more than 24 hours after dilution), and in sufficient quantities. Temperature, frequency of feeding, breeding and proportion scoop has a bank account with a substitute.
Ie this ritual. Warmed milk poured into the syringe / nipple slowly fed, went to pee / poop, put the kitten in the box, tools washed / prosterizovali (if you have enough patience).
Kitten should not be cold. If it is cold - he yells, he catches a cold, sick. As the heat so I used the lamp (fluorescent) - it is heated slightly, but enough. Kitten in the box (required air holes), heated and sleeps.

After a while I noticed that the kitten he began to suck milk from a syringe. The time has come to use a pacifier.
Accumulated milk to the nipple, and gave the kitten, it sucks - but does not get the milk. Checked hole. Expanded fine hot wire. I make extra - a hot needle, almost near the lid, for easy air leaks. It helped.
When the kitten has become a longer walk / walk, made for him zagonchik of plastic wall panels. So he could walk, and we were able to move quietly around the apartment, without the risk of stepping on a kitten.
Feed so until the age of 30 days. First, and often less, then less often and more. The dosage and frequency of feeding is in the booklet of the jar with milk replacer.
By the age of 30 days we were cut eyes, we started to get to know me and the nipple and opened ears.
It is necessary to teach to the normal (soft) feed. To begin choose this diet:

First Mike Farley in any did not want to eat it. Day 2-3 turned up nose. It was necessary to lubricate the lips of a kitten, and 3-4 day he began eating it.
Once switched to a food, the kitten begins to defecate already nepadetski. It is necessary to prepare a tray with the filler.
I bought a special filler for kittens.
Here there was another ambush - the kitten did not want shit to play with filler, I ate little. For the kitten has a filler dangerous, so the filler was hidden under the grate, which was complete with a tray. And to teach, threw the tray cloth with which he wrote / cocoa (they left the smell). For three days taught. Immediately I began to accustom kittens.
As a result, zhivotinka grew big, playful and healthy, and to register at my house.

That's all I wanted to say.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting