Today flew into the stratosphere on the MIG 29.

Ilya Varlamov wrote:

Today flew into the stratosphere on the MIG 29. climbed to a height of 17 900 m. The maximum speed of 1,800 kilometers per hour (Mach 1.7). Maximum overload was 9 g. After the flight, I still doubted the estimates of this event, but now I can say - this is the most spectacular event for all 30 years of life.

18 photo.

Fly from the factory falcon, in Nizhny Novgorod. Flight of charge, of course. The plant has found a way to pay for flight test pilots and bring joy to tourists. Regular flights - business invoices. And so - the pilot practices, and people - the opportunity to fly on a real fighter. Fly on combat training MiG-29.

To start a medical examination is carried out, give the sign a paper that in the case of death no one will blame, and then instructing. At the briefing tell us about the details of the flight and the possible consequences. The worst thing that can happen - is vomiting. In that case, there is a bag in his pocket. Vomiting starts when flying. They say untrained person 3 "barrel" does not stand on end. More talk about the catapult. There generally simple. In which case, the first pilot pulls the handle and two chairs are shot with a difference of a tenth of a second. Overload trip time can reach 20ZH catapult. But it is short, so do not worry. Overload wear a special suit. Through the tube, air is supplied. In the case of cabin depressurization at a height of 20 km, the suit will compress the body, so you do not died from sudden changes in pressure.

Go to the start

The first step inspects aircraft

Place chief pilot.

Ready to fly.

Closes

During one flight, which lasts 45 minutes, the aircraft consumes 2.5 tons of fuel! A seasoned 3, 5.

Further standard preflight check.

taxiing to the runway

acceleration and takeoff

About 100 km to the north at an altitude dvenadtsatikilometrovoy there afterburners and climb to 18,000 meters, then descend down to the airfield with aerobatics

Generally overload flight small. It's all at the discretion of the pilot. Please make 3-4 m, if the normal state of health, increased to 7. In the end I was asked to do 9ZH. I remember looking at the arrow on the overload devices. 7 ... 8 ... 8 ... 5 and then I switched off. Somehow it all happened quickly. And you did not lose consciousness, and the impression that you are in the water fell somewhere failed. Dark, and then silence and the incredible lightness, almost weightless. When I woke up, the first thing thought we broke up and I was in heaven. Very beautiful. But no. Now waiting for the video to send GouProshki interesting to see how much I passed out. Military pilots to carry overload 12ZH without loss of consciousness.

Most impressed, as the pilot is in control. Especially during overloads. You sit, vzhavshis in a chair, you can not raise your hands, eyes dark, and the pilot has full control over the aircraft controls and monitors the devices. Fantastic. I do not understand how this is possible. Okay another one when you fly. And the pilots as part of pilot groups when you should not only follow his car, and work as a team, when you can not go wrong. After today's flight even more admired pilots. It is amazing what people can do.

At the height I was given some control of the aircraft. Incredibly docile machine. As a computer game. Handle wheel itself - and pushes you into a chair, on my own - and you're in zero gravity. As the attraction. True, I quickly strayed off course, and the dispatcher told not to fly in the hand). Another memorable experience.

It's a pity you can not take the camera)

By aerobatics ... loop the loop did not like. Generally understood nothing. In the space I am not guided so much emotion coup did not call. Bias loop cooler. Coolest - a "bell." Plane at an angle of 70 degrees shoots up with the overload 5g, then the rate gradually decreases to 0, on the plane slowly begins to overwhelm, then sharply nodding. Another very cool when the pilot turned the plane, and we flew upside down just above the clouds.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting