As I took birth

Good day Uv. Yapchyane.

I finally matured to write a more complete post about how we got himself polecat, with all the ensuing consequences of which I will mention only in passing because it is the main topic of the post "Tying» ...

It will be a lot of pictures and a lot of videos (some of them already flashed in other subjects)

Please do not break, I will inform you about the end, the text would be too much so little bear.

So ... the end of August 2012, on account of gifts to loved ones on the day of birth was bought here this little animals:

Of course before you make this decision, we have carefully studied the countless number of forums and found out that ferrets wires do not bite, wallpaper is not koryabayut (by the way this is not entirely true) that the smell of their specific features in males, especially during mating season.
We decided to take the girl, seeing ads failed to find a suitable girl for 3000 rubles.
As a result, a bargain for 2500 and took it very small establishment (2 months old) home.

On the way to "ICQ" - as we called it, showed me the work of his digestive system by marking me on the way home.
A ferret can live in a cage and a cat in the apartment - assured us in the forums, but still, it was decided to buy her a nice, big cage. Leaving home beast in a cage for a parrot went to a nearby pet shop for everything you need.

Were bought cell harness, bowls, drinking bowls in the cage, specialized diet for the polecat, shampoo, comb, toilet, rubber utya, snacks and much more on trifles.

First time Asya slept most of the time, and it is quite normal for ferrets, while if it falls asleep with it you can do anything to her drum ...

Posted in [mergetime] 1393772927 [/ mergetime]
But if you do not sleep, then rides throughout the apartment with a whisper not typical of an animal of this size:

Posted in [mergetime] 1393773177 [/ mergetime]
You can train a ferret, and the way we got to train her team "AP" - stands on its hind legs, but only for the food ...

Unfortunately, given to her by the name she apparently has rejected and does not respond when her name, but the yield found, it turned out that Utya bought it immediately as the first toy (when you peeps) appeared to her as a native and is only squeak Utey the beast golopom jumps to defend its rubber girlfriend.

Slowly getting used to it, to smell it ...

To move around the apartment had very carefully, you should always look at his feet. Accustomed to the fact that the beast wakes up at night and starts to rattle in a cage ...

And accustomed to how people react in the street when we walk the animal:

Posted in [mergetime] 1393773731 [/ mergetime]
The biggest disadvantage is that the ferret all day sleeping, and at night requires attention, as you know wake up at 3 in the morning that would be an hour or play with it and go on to bed - not very convenient, and let the night ferret can not be due to the fact that he though not unknown to me but the cat managed to climb on the way cabinets, simultaneously throwing off with it all that is bad, get on the windowsill and drip houseplants and generally climb where should abstain ... It was decided to allocate to it the balcony.

And now it's time to look for the ICQ Man ... This was evidenced by the fact that she has started to increase "loop" (or simply Chorin pussy)
I beg your forgiveness for juicy photos:

Unlike cats, female ferret can not simply break off and say, if you manage ... to start this business you get something like this:

We did not allow this and have agreed with the mistress of a male on a date ...
In this case, the agreement was the next, we leave for 2 days ICQ on the territory of the male, and then take her and leave a pledge 1500 rubles, and after hatching the little horyat return their 1500, and in return we return a little Khorenko ... Looking ahead to say that zamylit 1500 male hostess us to communicate more did not come out.

That's the way the future Papic 3 times larger than our girls:

The male from the first minute began to attack Asya in an attempt to quickly do what was required of him, from the outside it looks like a rape ... the roar was the whole house, where he only it is not dragged, but alas, the first time did not work, and after a week we They repeated the procedure ... As they say better luck next time =)

Learn about the female "flew" is possible by decreasing the loop ...

Once again, I apologize:

ICQ has been washed, vykormlena and soothe ...

Pregnancy in ferrets last approximately 40 days ...

(1 week)

The first time and it is not clear whether or not she is pregnant ...

But then already beginning to be seen tummy:

Tired eyes ... belly more and more ...

She slept even more than usual, only at night and wake up in the balcony door shkreblas hinting that all the same month of February, and it's time to move her to a room that was done ...

By the way about the balcony, ferret feel quite comfortable and at minus 10 (without Skvoznikov), except that the water in the bowl from freezing, but the cell itself was insulated enough that would be water drinkers did not freeze, while ferrets grow a very thick and fluffy fur, and can even change the color ...

30th day, it has within it can be felt and even count the number of kids around ...

I began to think about a cozy place inside the cell where she could cultivate at first offspring, and even where it published a post about it ... in short the aluminum wire, string, cardboard and tissue built a small box:

But with the size miscalculated = (

As a result, the container was purchased, the cover of which was cut a circle, with cells removed front door and with a few improvised hooks from the remainder of the wire was draped over the cage and for the reliability of fixed rope:

The output from the container into the cell:

Now it was waiting when she give birth ... The maximum term of 42 days for pregnancy we went 35th.

(FLASH MOVIE)

Posted in [mergetime] 1393776476 [/ mergetime]
A few words about the toilet ... ferrets in this regard is absolutely stupid ... chance to teach a ferret to a single tray insignificant!

The mines are scattered in different places, and almost always in remote, crank ferret get ready to discover a bath or under the bed ...
kakahi

Posted in [mergetime] 1393776741 [/ mergetime]
Ferrets funny respond to harsh odors when prihordyat friends to visit Aska mandatory climbed into someone's sneakers and try to steal from there insole ... same for my scattered throughout the room socks:

Posted in [mergetime] 1393777016 [/ mergetime]
Vacuum cleaner, wash the floors or sweep when the ferret is not real, for it is a game and not * bёt

Posted in [mergetime] 1393777231 [/ mergetime]
But since ferrets wake up, by the way after a ferret it has to be awakened to the toilet and take better to do it from an early age that would accustom to order ... it is 3-4 months ... More dark color, it is now much lighter ...

But back to our sheep horyatam ... Being in the store wife calls me and says that giving birth o_O Well, in the sense of Aska gives birth, and she had to go to work, in general, then I ran home ...

I have time before hatching puppies ...

With her words she was sitting at the computer and at this time a woman in labor kidnapped under a blanket on our bed and began to groan ... Fearing her touch and pass on to the veil left it right on our sheet ... well, God bless her ...

ICQ decided that since I'm here and it's time to start ...

How to give birth to a ferret learned instincts, but in practice it turned out that the first batch horyat climbed so fast that she did not have time to eat the bubble was a risk that horyata it suffocate, had to help (no, I certainly did not eat with her bubbles, but coordinating its activities )

Here nervous beforehand I warn that it would be better not to look at it all ... you never know ...

And that's a tough video ...
In general, the maximum number that can give birth to 14 puppies female, and this is the 10th! She ate these bubbles, and she could not finish eating this ... In the end I had to pull out of the bubble itself, the baby survived was named Frankenstein because of unrealistic disproportionate head compared to other carouse ...

We are tired, and the approach will be more like a puppy ... 4 while feeding the youngsters it can only give birth after all ...

That's how it looked, "Shroud" on completion of delivery:

Posted in [mergetime] 1393779315 [/ mergetime]
And so ... after 6 hours we have given birth to all, as you already understood them 14 were all born alive.
The first step is gathering all the forces of mother hurried off as far as possible and leave them for me. Once again she was saved Utya under no circumstances would not leave (until seeing the video at the squeak when he was already dead UTI ran our heroine).

As a result, we still agree that it is necessary to feed the kids and relax in one ...

But there was another problem, just born, "worms" crawling under the rags that we advance a bed in a container ...
Generally the forums advised to put a straw, but I decided that it was not quite right, stiff straw could harm the delicate skin of puppies ... In the wild ferret gathering dry grass peremeshku with his hair - preparing certain slot.

Shifting puppies on the veil, it was decided to make a new nest. In the course went all the same wire that was made skeleton sheathed my old T-shirt, in rags:

in the course I went from the old padding polyester jacket:

The result was such litter:

which fits perfectly in size and bumpers do not allow puppies to creep under it ...

unnecessarily puppies came out a lot, the female should be given milk diluted with water (milk if you give it a ferret probably poisoned, but not during feeding)

here they are ...

float on mamma

covered with fuzz:

But Frankenstein (one that big) and his brother / sister that the next day would be crushed by his own nurse ...

Titek course was less than the puppies so sucked nurse puppies turns constantly:

Mother while sleeping all the time, only occasionally departed drink some water ...

The kids, meanwhile overgrown fur and added to the mass:

they remained 12 ... mamashka crushed another ...

On what I steal children for photos Assia reacted calmly ...

Special care kids did not require ...
Sometimes we had to help with the clean up tailings kakahi ...

slowly began to turn gray white guns:

growing fast ...

and all the time sleeping ...

first opened the very eyes Frankenstein and unnecessarily from mother's milk have all lacked began to nurse their baby food "Babushkino basket" turkey ...

Now when they eat baby food in addition, they began to grow even faster, you could already see their sex by the time of the 14 pups survived only 10 weakest languished and died ... is the nature of ... alas ...

The container became really too small for them and the cage too ... it was decided to move them all back to the balcony, by that time it was spring and not so cold ...

By this time the ferrets were teeth so ate some more sucking chicken ... In this case the chicken skin MUST be removed ... because that mamashka pulled pelt kids one she choked left 9 ... no one died ...

Unfortunately due to lack of vitamins, some puppies have the risk of becoming rahitnymi the way it turned out, our Aska childhood was also rahitnoy determine it's just a little ferret starts dragging a leg of the spine while iskrevlen if the disease is to run the ferret at all may refuse legs ...

Rahitny ferret way will not be able to keep the back straight in the vertical rack - our Asya hardly does for the team ...

Posted in [mergetime] 1393782070 [/ mergetime]
More a couple of videos of noisy kids:

Posted in [mergetime] 1393782267 [/ mergetime]
It is time to think where to put them all ...
By the way on the day they ate the whole crowd 1 small chicken!

Posted in [mergetime] 1393782432 [/ mergetime]
C age in our ICQ gone somewhere skill sleep under any circumstances ... but the kids seem to still ...

After 2 months after giving birth most of the puppies was sold for the price of 1 500 to 3000 rubles.
But there were 2 rahitnyh puppy we decided first to cure ... As they grow, rickets can be corrected massage, swimming and of course calcium.

Not having time to improve your health after a previous birth, our Aska said that he wants more !!!
The second time, we would not have drawn such an adventure ... and wound up the ferret is not for this ... in the end we better vet told her that he no longer necessary: ​​

Sterilization operations cost 2 500+ bunch of vitamins ...
5 days after surgery Asya departed ... But in the video one of rahitnyh puppies that already 2 times more Nurse ... while she was still trying to pull his teeth in the old fashioned way ...

By the way after surgery ferret smells less ...

Horyat we have all long been distributed at all the family ...

In general, the breeding horyat may seem a profitable business, but for me it's not worth it ...

On this I have everything ...

I also have to 2 months to participate in a longer adventure ... all good, thank you for your attention.

Source:

Tags

See also

New and interesting