Takeshi Kitano. Autobiography

Chic excerpts from the book Takeshi Kitano. Clever ideas.

Succeed - it means to earn money? A lot of money? Successful if the rich owner of a property? Being successful means to lead a violent life, or to be famous? Will you be successful if you get a higher education? Or get to the top of the social ladder? No, I do not think so. I am indifferent to money. I have no material desires. I completely lack imagination.

Hitler and Pol Pot1 "succeeded", finding power and carry out their plans? Whether it is necessary to consider them - wrongly - celebrities? Spotlight, fame or power as such, fortunately, are not synonymous with success. Or maybe they, on the contrary, will witness the horrific failure? It is because of their arrogant thirst to exist and shine brighter than the rest. And to finish with this, just one example: Pol Pot "succeeded" in training at the prestigious Sorbonne, and then became a monster.

If I'm happy today because I - the star of the TV screen and a fairly wealthy man, although I come from a poor family? No. Money was never interested me. Of course, I earned them, and now I have them for your eyes enough. But I never felt overwhelming desire to possess them. Just like never sought to achieve honors at all costs. I am convinced that happiness has nothing to do with money.

For us, the Japanese, being happy means, first of all, that at any age and at any time we have to do and what we like to do. But in general, I do not really disposed to the idea of ​​happiness. I am always negative and prepare for the worst. When I go on a date with a girl, at first I'm sure she will not come. Then, if she did come, I think she's probably right after dinner, go home. I was constantly in trouble.

You already know that before becoming an artist, I wanted to be a scientist, a doctor or a researcher. As Captain Cousteau. And then I saw myself professor, a biologist or a mathematician. From this perspective, we can not say that I have succeeded in life. You can even draw the conclusion that my life is a failure, because I did not realize my very first dream. But I have fulfilled another that I too was a way: climb on stage. And from this point of view, I have nothing to be ashamed of in particular.

Many of my fellow students received diplomas, went to work in large companies. One of them settled in Dentsu2. I was far behind. And then became an actor. I belonged to a generation of students who participated in radical political movements, but by and large I did this in order to glue the girls ... In times of Asakusa, I really got a taste for destruction. And in the future continue to follow this line of "confrontation" lust for power. I have kept all of their critical skills. As a result, a few decades later, among those whom I knew and who called themselves supporters of political and social change, I was the only one who still speak freely in public, their own ideas, their own opinion and follows the path worthy of the ideals of his era. < br />
But never, never I do not want to be a politician. This is the worst thing that could happen to me. Or I'll wait until I am seventy-five, and become a member of Parliament! I would put to the vote incredible bills, which, for example, offers all the Japanese to my age, seventy-five and above to go to Afghanistan in search of Osama bin Laden!

Religion unusually uplifts the spirit. In the morning, before leaving the house, I pray for their loved ones. I think about my mother, about her father, relatives, his teacher and even about Akira Kurosawa ... But you can not say that I am truly religious. In fact, instead of having to talk about my faith or lack of faith in religion, I prefer to talk about their vision of life. First of all, I ask myself: what are we living for? What is God like? Does he have a body? Voice? Soul? Or is it just an idea? Why pray to God or gods? Do we really need to rely on God? I kept asking myself these questions. In any case, I am sure that God or gods can not do anything for us to do. Look: for example, the two boxers in the ring. If during the fight one of them will cry out to God and ask him: "Help me win this type!", He will wait for his help, so collected will be less, not so sure of himself and the first will be on the carpet. You can rely only on themselves. The key is in ourselves. If God exists - the better for it. Let him at least allow us to be masters of their own destiny.

Japanese religion - Shinto in particular - already more than a thousand years. In some aspects it is similar to Greek mythology. My gods - minor ... I am not a Buddhist, but I respect some of the principles of Buddhism: in particular, that the less we eat - the less we kill animals for food; the more we come into contact with the purity, the closer we become to divinity. To live well, you have to eat well. Of Course. Several years ago, the Japanese billionaire Mykonos Suzuki initiated "dietary boom" in our country. To keep the figure, she ate very little, extolling the power dry rations. As a result, she died quite young ... I prefer to eat properly. Eating for me is very important. Perhaps this is due to childhood, when hunger constantly tore my stomach. I eat slowly, if at that time my body communicates with the soul. Food - a ritual. We fill the stomach as well as nourish the spirit.

In recent years, I also ask myself a lot of questions about the fanaticism that with alarming regularity resort to terrorism. Orthodox Muslims commit fundamental error, killing innocents in the name of God, the Quran or the Prophet Muhammad. They believe that they will open the gates to paradise, but none of them had not yet returned from the hell in which they themselves send.

Time goes by, and with age I often think about how to properly die. After I'm gone, I would not want to be reborn and return to the land, it would be a punishment. Western man all my life wondering about how to live, and a Buddhist-Asian lifetime thinking about how not to lose your way and to be honest, to properly die and do not regenerate. Whatever it was, if I am still waiting for reincarnation, I wanted to become a mathematician, who is trying to unravel the secrets of the most incomprehensible.

Tags

See also

New and interesting