Kiss my mother saved the life (4 photos)

Doctors said Jennifer Lawson, that there is no hope that her year-old daughter Alice who developed a dangerous form of meningitis just over a month ago, will live. The disease is caused by stroke, kidney failure and other symptoms incompatible with life. Alice lay in a coma in a hospital bed on dialysis and was connected to a ventilator. The fragile thread that kept her life is about to be broken. The devices must be switched off life support, and baby bodies, by a decision of the parents, will be donated to help another child to survive. Parents are willing to shocking and tragic action - farewell to his little girl

1. The mother even now hardly find words to describe the pain, "I was just trying to tell her how much we love her, and I was hoping that she could hear and understand this. I talked to her as if nothing had happened, but I felt as if in delirium. It was so unreal. I felt her warmth, saw her pink cheeks. She looked like a sleeping child. Past and future merge in the moment together. I told her I was proud of the fact that she fought so long and now can relax. I was in a daze. They told me that she was going to die, because when the apparatus is shut off, it will not be able to breathe on their own ... Even doctors arrived to take her organs. They turned off the phones and gave her morphine, and then we were left alone, just me, Alice and her father Phil. I kissed my girl. It felt so warm and cozy that I could not imagine what she was going to die ».

2. Jennifer instinct was right. What happened next was a miracle. When cell phones were switched off, baby suddenly began to breathe on their own. "We do not understand what is happening - says Phil. - But then the nurse came and said strange things. She said that the team has left the donation because they do not need! ».

3. Currently, two and a half years since Alice was on the verge of non-existence. She is a charming child with rosy cheeks, blond hair and dazzling smile. She lives with her mother, father and older sister Taylor. The illness left her with one leg shorter than the other, and she still can not walk without assistance. Also, the disease robbed her speech, but she learns to speak again. Today, Alice attends a special school and, more recently, to the delight of Jennifer, she said "Mom" for the first time.

Tags

See also

New and interesting