Prediction error

Christmas is coming. Labor 2013th for coming to an end. It's time sums up the past, to try to predict the future.
With this you have to be careful, because then citizens will remember corrosive, and went out and brought a mockery.
The most famous quote is probably owned by Thomas Watson, chairman of IBM, and who in 1943 said: "I think that the world market is a place, perhaps only five computers."
Mock Watson is not necessary, since 1943 - is the Kursk Bulge, Battle of Stalingrad, not to computers was.
You can further delve into the history of, say, 1927, when the screens out the first sound movie The Jazz Singer - «The Jazz Singer", played by Al Jolson, born Asa Yolson from the Baltic.
Mnogim zealots and connoisseurs of cinema this innovation did not like. The founder of the film studio Warner Brothers, Mr. Warner said at the time the historic phrase - "who need to hear the actors talk?»

You can dig even deeper to remember 1905, when the editor respected and revered newspaper The Times said of the aircraft are in vogue: "all attempts to artificially aviation is not only dangerous to life, but, from a purely engineering point of view are doomed to failure."

Recent predictions, I would have remembered the economic outlook, sets the price of oil, at the upper limit of 55 dollars. Before the collapse of the real estate market in the US, experts predicted increase in the cost of at least 6 percent.

I remember saying to Steve Chen, the creator of the site Utube. In March 2005, he complained that his website 50 videos, among them a little interesting, nothing to see. To date, the site comes Utube billion monthly visitors. Creative pret people every month uploads from 6 billion hours of video (it's almost an hour for every person on earth).

Every minute on the site appears 100 hours of new material, with most coming from outside the US. YouTube used in 61 countries, each in their own language.

But here's some of what the long-term prediction of futurist Arthur C. Clarke, who in 1945 proposed a system of geostatic satellites for global communication. Today it is a reality.

Of his other predictions: 2010 will be invented quantum generator that extracts energy from outer space. Has not yet taken place (or deep-classified).

2014 - will begin construction of the first orbital hotel. Such plans have not heard yet.

2015 - will be cheaper synthesized gold.

2016 - all current monetary units cease to exist, and in exchange the unit will turn megawatt-hour.

I can imagine how the salary will be given megawatts hours, they will be in the market to pay for cucumbers and sour cream, and take delivery of kilowatt-minutes or watt-seconds.

Source Your text to link ...

Tags

See also

New and interesting