Bangkok Chinatown (28 photos)

Chinatown is located in one of the oldest districts in Bangkok, because the Chinese settled here as soon as they moved to Bangkok capital of the kingdom, and took a spot not far from the royal palace.
It turned out that Bangkok's Chinatown is the largest and oldest in the world.
The main street is Yaowarat Road, in the old days there flourished brothels, gambling houses and opium dens.
Now everything has changed, and now you can eat well, walk around the street markets, shops and family yuvelirka.
You can enjoy watching the beautiful remnants of colonial architecture and some interesting temples.

Prostitution is here, too, there, there are massage parlors and brothels and just, but not so open as in other thematic areas in Bangkok.
With regards yuvelirki, now here there are more than 130 gold shops along Yaowarat Road, which is why it is known as the "Golden Road". They say that gold here the cheapest in town and almost 999, and most of the shops is a member of the gold sellers. So, if you need to be purchased perishable metal, then you here.
Gems also eat in there.
If you're a foodie and looking for new taste adventures that Chinatown has to offer on trial: shark fin soup, soup of the crocodile, swallow's nest soup and other dishes with which the Russian people hurriedly did not understand.
Prices of land around Yaowarat always been one of the most expensive in Bangkok, and the land is mainly owned by the famous Thai-Chinese families.
Here is such a difficult area.

Author:
1) I have with Thai friends came to dinner in Chinatown, where some 00 to 20 hours. Putting the car on a paid parking lot, I was brought before Yaowarat Road.
It can be a stretch to say that at this junction begins Chinatown. We went deep into the area.

2) Good walking tiles, nice bar with pointers and some potted plants.

3) One of the signs that you're in Chinatown, it's hot chestnuts.

4) A growing number of signs with Chinese characters ...

5) ... and Chinese lanterns.

6) Right on the sidewalk suddenly formed a fruit market.

7) How do I show the prices here are higher than in supermarkets, but maybe taste better.

8) The price of nuts, such as in the Rostov region. Last summer I purchased in Taganrog and send parcels home SPB =)

9) The smaller shopkeepers.

10) Delicious freshly squeezed pomegranate juice.

11) After the market began flickering multiples, national souvenirs and clothing. Robe-shirts cost about 200-400 baht.

12) Close to shops employ people.

13) Stores are beginning to alternate with street cafes that were taken from the roadway machines.

14) As I explained, it's not made for a long time to sit around. The place is small, so if you eat let another eat. This helps the owner to have a good turn and not to raise prices.

15) Everyone eats, everyone is happy. Gradually, the whole street turns into one big open-air restaurant.

16) So why spoon!

17) sausages and meats.

18) Outdoor kitchen.

18) Running line is cool.

19) But so do the dishes. At such moments, you are pleased to be vaccinated against dysentery.

20) Curious corridor.

21) And here on the faces of frozen question: "What's I * Valera?" Then some megasekretnoe nizya action and taking pictures.

22) Chinese dumplings.

23) Fish and other marine reptiles.

24) I eaten my favorite noodles with pork. THIS IS DELICIOUS! Optionally, you can pour out yushku pialki and make soup. So did my Thai friends + to distribute the spices. Portia is 40 baht. Whatever you feel full enough for me 2 servings.

25) I also ordered a local dessert. Unfortunately I did not like. There's all sorts of assorted fruits, some of which I ate for the first time in my life. For me it is very specific.

26) And finally, on a positive cyclists passed Hello.

In summary I want to say that I liked it here as if you find yourself in Hong Kong, but without skyscrapers =)
Good atmosphere, lots of new smells and good food.

Source: tokyo-maple.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting