Pictures of Lipton

Laurie Lipton - an artist from London that draws exclusively in pencil and charcoal. Her black and white works on HD performance similar to photographs, fascinating and at the same time evoke horror, for as the theme for all of their creations Lori chose death.

Draw it began four years old and her parents are very proud of her drawings, including their genius. As she recalls Lori, they loved to show their guests. At the same time visitors first looked at her sweet girl-candy, then at her drawings, filled with pain and death, and began to slowly recede away.

Born in New York, Laurie is now lives and works in London. Ideas for new works to her do not come in the form of images, as well as words, snatches of conversation, so she always carries a notebook. Each drawing takes weeks or even months.

She admires the culture of Mexico, which has developed a special relationship to death, such as the European nations that are afraid of it and otherwise pretend that there is no death. Lori says, "We're running from her console ourselves the illusion of eternal life, we believe that will never disappear from this world. Desperate attempts to preserve youth - lift, botox, we throw in the death of vitamins and money, but she just smiles bare skulls. "Therefore, she was so impressed by Mexico, where the annual Day of the Dead is celebrated. And this is a holiday, not weighed down by any sadness. Mexicans accepted death, and it merged with their lives.

On one of his images Lori says: "Beautiful Lady Death appears frequently in Mexican folk art. This is - my very painstaking work. Lace I have left plenty of time, it nearly killed me, but the result was the appropriate diligence. ยป

Of course, this world willing to share not everyone, but Laurie is confident that it works there will always be fans and connoisseurs.

Tags

See also

New and interesting