Medieval Festival in Manhattan (60 photos)

In the north of Manhattan, Cloisters is a museum, which houses a vast collection of medieval art of all kinds. Every year, near its walls Medieval Festival takes place. Of course, this fest is not considered a particularly serious and there you can find a wide variety of personalities, ranging from pirates and ending samurai, but there is a lot of fun.

Dental practice, for example, advertised its services frightening picture showing and telling about the history of dentistry (which previously consisted mainly of only removing the patient's tooth with all sorts of means). Here's a similar picture with their stand.

I was also touched by the pathetic attitude to copyright. All the pictures hung on the stand, there were references to the source.

All guests of the festival met mimishnye dragons, looks like a crocodile Gena.

The large meadow was to equip the stadium, which were soon to fight in a fair fight worthiest knight.

In anticipation of the carnage they are frankly bored.

Among them was even the own Joan of Arc.

Around there were noble gentlemen and beautiful ladies.

Numerous shops selling weapons. It was mostly wooden swords and bows of all sizes.

Numerous shops selling weapons. It was mostly wooden swords and bows of all sizes.

On the other hand it has been arranged puppet theater, which gave an idea of ​​the stupid king and brave knights.

Park police are not left out and patrolled the area on a beautiful horse. I was wrong in assuming that they are not driving, and workers?

And finally, the herald announced the beginning of the first fights.

On the field there were jousting team of America and Canada. The weapon was an iron. Armor present (in terms of iron, too).

And the battle began. They fought three against three.

For viewers watching the fight.

And a medieval photographer.

Wizards Knights worried.

Batz ax on the head. Whack!

And the enemy is defeated.

Victory!

It sells the yurt. Most real yurt.

Sold.

Meanwhile, coming more and more guests of the festival.

Play beautiful music.

The Middle Ages were a very relative. There were all starting and ending knights Japanese samurai.

Ladies.

Warlock.

Minstrels.

Oh my God! This medieval insurance and medieval Driving School! Obozhemoy!

Wooden swords.

Visitors.

Jewellery.

Medieval popcorn.

Here it was a great fast food. Especially good with that turkey leg looking people in the garb of medieval monks.

Soup in bread.

People with fluffy ears. This what era?

Pirates. Where do without them in the Middle Ages?

Medieval cleaning karma.

Knight's helmet. It cost 17 hundred dollars.

Robin Hood of Harlem.

Lady heart.

Coming closer, I really admired this woman.

Sewing and sale of medieval dresses.

Medieval hulahupy.

Medieval pipes.

Some wooden weapons are not behind glass.

Sold.

Gloves.

Winter Shield

In the tent with corsets was especially crowded.

Environmental medieval energy.

But these worthy gentlemen advertised rent individual pantries (storadzhey are local).

All the fun started, I left. The next year, be sure to spend half a day there, not less. Painfully I liked the event.

Source: samsebeskazal.livejournal.com

Tags

See also

New and interesting