Photo tour of Pripyat

The house is preserved well enough on his porch you can walk without fear of overlap "will develop" underfoot. From the street facade looks like a typical pattern for modern Pripyat - overgrown jungle Polesie, among which, if you look closely, you can suddenly see the skeletons of high-rise buildings.

Head over to the staircase.

Head over carefully and accurately - remember that the abandoned city a must preserve for future generations - a priceless museum. A sign at the entrance to the staircase has acquired a new, unexpected bitter sense.

The entrance is impressive. Impressive first of all, as nature begins to select their humans (I will write more about that in a separate post about Pripyat). On the walls drip water waterfalls everywhere are many types of mold and moss.

Let's look at one of the apartments. At the entrance to draw attention to the switch box - in Minsk, built homes similar they look different. Content is long gone - likely pulled "black metal", which pretty much comes in Pripyat, even now.

Apartment. Right in the entrance room, double doors. Most likely, it was a living. No cover on the floor is long gone - under the feet of bare concrete.

Living room with balcony. Right - polished section of chipboard. All offices ransacked by looters long section. Chair upside down - under his pillow, too, looking for something.

Another room. Please note - the former tenants have even managed to change the wallpaper once - first room was yellowish and then became blue.

Kitchen. Through the open window piled up a lot of dry leaves. From electric stove burst frame.

Toilet.

Come on. Staircase entrance looks like. On the landing between floors worth some piece of furniture.

Most likely, it's something like tables for shoes, or lower part of the mirror. I once saw a child something like that, but I can not remember what it was. By the way, this is a very interesting feeling often encountered in my Pripyat - as if yesterday was not gone in a second, but stayed somewhere as a whole and complete peace - with things, smells and sounds - and now slowly goes into oblivion, decaying apart.

Another area. To better represent the location - point shooting is on the site of the entrance, for the first doorway we see two doors - the left and right, this apartment - one bedroom and two bedroom. On the right is the switch box.

Go.

Living room with en-suite bathroom, probably there was a baby.

Yes, baby.

Doorknob. In those years the Belarusian apartments handles this type certainly was not.

Kitchen. Stove also raskurochena to the ground. By the way, in all of Pripyat were electric stoves.

Come on. Carefully, trying not to step on the moss (it is radioactive).

Another room. Sideboard expected gutted to the ground, leaving literally nothing. I do not want to represent the people who robbed the apartment leave the city. Possible, of course, that extra stuff just collected and made disinfectors - for example, they were thrown from the windows full of refrigerators, to avoid epidemics, but I think that in the sections looters ransacked banal.

Sofa. Gray dust thereon decades formed some colonies and islets life. And exactly the same yellowish wallpaper existed in my apartment in Minsk many years ago.

Another room. By the way, pay attention to the battery - in this house they are some interesting design reminiscent of batteries in modern homes.

And here something even opened trim mattress - it was possible to look for? And pay attention to the balcony - or rather, the loggia. It is glazed. I used to think that the glass balconies in the USSR were not allowed at all, just a year before 1989-90.

Kitchen. On the walls there are remains of the tiles.

Come on. The floor in the entrance looks like this, you need to constantly watch where set foot - as on the floor all sorts of small fragments and debris.

Garbage chute.

Another apartment. Here wallpaper is almost completely "lay down" on the floor - from the humidity and time. The current Pripyat has already passed the "point of no return", to which the house was still possible to recover and make livable.

Communicating rooms. Here I had a long standing and looking at the electrical box panel on the ceiling - and because they really were once just such.

The kitchen furniture and plate instead found the remains of some black thick cable insulation.

And also in the room. I can not imagine what it is.

Another room.

Views of the city.

©

Tags

See also

New and interesting