Since my mom retired, my husband and I have been helping her with money, but recently she's been doing something.

What to say when everyone knows what old people have. pension less than the subsistence minimum. Even if the work experience is huge and find fault, in general, there is nothing to do, the state still allocates only some pennies. It remains only to endure and hope for the help of children or grandchildren. There can be no question of seeing the world in old age or living a quiet, dignified life as always. Savings, constant search for shares in supermarkets and travel by public transport. What else is left?!

Do not forget about ordinary people who simply cannot afford to help their parents. Children should be dressed, dressed, gathered to school and not left hungry. Where will extra savings be taken to maintain a decent life for parents? Therefore, recently banks have been notifying that the statistics on lending to the population are only increasing. But a loan, as you know, is when you take someone else's money for a while, and give your blood, and forever.

Our family for quite a long time tried to form their budget in such a way that we could live normally, not saving too much, but not denying ourselves anything. In recent years, it has become more or less successful. It is good that the parents gave the husband a two-bedroom apartment for the wedding. As a gift, it was left to him by his grandfather. And yet, not removable, but your own.

A large portion of both of our salaries went to repairs. Because, you know, the carpet kingdom is the last century. A lot of dust, smells, other people's memories. Again, it is a shame to invite guests. Not to mention the Soviet furniture, which, even after repainting, looks very unmodern. I was trying to get my husband to remake it, inspired by YouTube videos. But it actually looked pretty cheap.

Peels had to gradually, room by room, restore order and comfort in the family nest. And then the first child was born and we got a little stuck. But the son has grown up, the husband has been promoted and we have begun to do the old. Today, there are enough new, high-quality materials. You can even learn to install them yourself, there would be money. At least I thought that way. My husband supported me in everything.

But then I got pregnant again. And it made me look at things in a new way. Well, we'll do the whole repair, okay. And then what? My husband and I are in one room and the kids are in another. That won't work, it's too tight. Then they will grow up and there will be constant quarrels, clarifying relationships due to lack of space. Especially since I'm expecting a girl. We need to expand, and we have no money. That doesn't work, what do you do?

Peels My mom is a pensioner. She lived all her life with her father in their three-bedroom, spacious apartment. But now she lives there alone. Dad's been gone for a long time, and she needs to pay a lot for communal housing, especially in winter. Why is there so much room for a lonely person? Only a more or less tolerable cleaning takes a few days. So I suggested she switch. It's old, but not old. While we're almost done with ours. Isn't that a bad idea?

But she didn't. He doesn't want to move, even if you do. She says we want her to live out of her own home, she has friends and a comfortable neighborhood. Although, to me, it's a normal sleeping bag. Just like us. But that's not even the point. I'm her only daughter. Why go to any principles, if we are not just asking, but on business? The answer is silence. Is it really said that with age, a person’s character never changes for the better?

My husband started to rumble. The thing is, he knows how much money we give our mom every month to buy groceries. My pension is small, so I need help. Thank God his parents are doing everything for themselves. But for my mother, we regularly buy some products. Not something fancy, of course. But cereals, chicken, eggs and bread are always found in her house. And before that, there were no problems, let alone claims on his part.

But in connection with my mother’s position about the exchange of apartments, my husband has repeatedly complained to me that he is unhappy with this policy. I'm certainly calming him down. But I also understand that this is not done. Mother, in turn, comes up with more and more excuses. Now she says it will take a lot of money to collect and register all sorts of new documents. In fact, it's not quick.

That’s true, but if you start doing it now, it will be much easier later. We just have to go to a meeting. I'm tired of going to her, especially with my stomach. But my mother has her own thoughts on this. And there's nothing I can do about it.

Has anyone had this kind of practice in their life? It would be interesting to know how you or someone you know has handled such a situation. Because time goes by and I'm afraid that when I give birth a second time, it's going to be hell. Little room, disgruntled husband, crying baby. And it won't be easy for my son. And all because of the stubbornness of one person. Family circumstances are no jokes. You have to try to overcome them somehow. My husband and I are in the process.

Tags

See also

New and interesting