I noticed that children who come to our store, constantly licking glass windows, decided to deal with it in their own way.

Education of the child's culture It falls on the shoulders of his parents. It does not depend on nannies, teachers or teachers. And certainly not from his friends or the environment in general. Mom and Dad brought him into the world, so mom and dad need to raise a man out of him. And that, I must say, is also a privilege. In some countries, such cases are handled by the state.

But in order to make a child a worthy member of society, they themselves must meet this status. What can a father teach a son who throws cigarette butts in the wrong places in front of him? Or a mom who doesn't look around when she crosses the road? Children, like a sponge, absorb the information that parents give them. But they also notice things that mom and dad don’t even think about. Good and bad.

In our town recently opened a new shopping center. All right, new. He's the only one yet. But before him, the local market had its own “shopping center” – a one-storey extension, all with the same Chinese rags. A covered market, to put it simply. Nothing more.

But ours is different. On the first floor there is a network grocery store, on the second - clothes, shoes, various stylish boutiques. I was also hired to work here, only on the first floor, in the department with Korean sweets. It would seem that ordinary sweets, snacks and various related products. But this is only at first glance.

Koreans, to give them credit, have become quite a popular people in the world over the past few years. They have everything going well on the music scene, in the cinema. Now we're getting into cooking. Even ordinary sweets they sell in their own style: all do it with an emphasis on sweetness. Animals, monsters, cartoon characters attract the eye, and they want to buy. Especially children.

I work at the cash register and I want to say that we have no customers. Parents come with young children, walk around the hall for a long time, look at everything, study. Then, when standing in line for tasty things, the kids have the opportunity to look at our goods a little more right next to the cash register: all the shelves are made of durable glass and give plenty to enjoy the view of sweet works of art.

Peels, it's okay, but kids are kids. Fines are fines. To maintain the atmosphere of fairy tale and fantasy, all surfaces in the store should be perfectly clean. And our small customers (and not only small ones) are also dirty robbers. They need to try everything with their hands. Scratch your nail, make sure the structure is strong. And sometimes even try the tooth. I'm not kidding!

Especially often this can be seen near the cash register. There, the product stands on the lower levels, right in front of the children's faces. And they have nothing to do from time to time lick the glass surface of the shelves. Yeah, I was shocked at first, too. I got used to it. Everything is nothing: lick and lick. As shopkeepers, we often have to pay fines. After all, not only bored parents can stand in line, but also special hired people who monitor the cleanliness of the store.

What we didn’t do to fight the “licked” shelves: we wrote ads, made verbal statements to bored moms and dads, literally knocked on the other side of the shelves and frowned eyebrows, looking directly into the eyes of small huts. Nothing. Parents lazily excused themselves, pretended to talk on the phone, or even snapped at us as if we were to blame. Nothing helped.

Until I told my younger brother about the problem. He listened attentively and then asked, in surprise, if I really didn’t know what to do. He knows how to solve this problem once and for all. His idea made me laugh at first, but then I thought: maybe only a child understands that you have to fight other children according to their rules.

So the next shift I was fully armed: I had a pack of napkins, a menthol spray for my throat and a huge desire not to get caught in the eye. Before opening the store, I applied a spray on the surface of glass shelves, wiped out the extra spots and got to work. Within five minutes, someone’s baby was screaming. His parents shouted at him and rushed him out of the store.

After a while, history repeated itself. Most interestingly, when a child said something in their ear, mom or dad first looked menacingly at the cashier, and then at a large inscription near him, which says that parents should watch their children carefully. And none of them came to make any claims.

As far as I understand, the spray itself has certain beneficial properties and only has a positive effect on oral hygiene. So I didn't worry about that at all. What surprised me was that parents didn't pay attention to their children after we other adults asked them to. And after they had a loud baby crying in their ears. Amazing, to be honest.

Now I plan to do this practice a couple of times a week. I didn't say anything to the boss, there's no use talking. But no more fines: the glass is clean from morning to evening. Which suggests that only a few children licked him. The others behaved decently. This is a social experiment. I wonder how they'll grow up, these kids? Decent people or unreliable elements? I wish I knew, just for myself. Interesting!

Tags

See also

New and interesting