I do not buy fertilizer, instead I take a few bags of cheap cereals and sprinkle it on the site.

Cheap cereals are good for cooking cereals, soups and casseroles. The dishes are delicious and satisfying. There are significant savings for the family budget. But human ingenuity did not stop there, and every day cereals find new applications.

And today's edition. "Site" He'll tell you about them.

For example, some women use cheap cereals as a scrub when visiting a sauna or bath. For this, crushed corn is suitable, which is inexpensive in price, and affects the skin no worse than advertised cosmetics. With the help of cereals, wash dishes with a narrow neck. The owners are fed cereals and waste from their production of domestic animals and birds. But sometimes cereal products find the most unexpected application, the benefit of which is no, only financial trouble.

My mother-in-law Raisa Ivanovna lives in the private sector. Near the house she has a small garden where she grows vegetables and various greens. Last year, a woman planted a new variety of strawberries and invited me and my husband to eat ripe berries. Over the weekend, Semyon and I went to visit his mother.

When they entered the yard, they found the woman doing a strange occupation: she sprinkled the beds with millet. The husband asked what she was doing there. She said she was killing ants.

- You should have fed them with honey!
- No honey, but jam is now watering! – seriously said the mother-in-law. A neighbor read somewhere that after that all the ants will disappear.
- Mother, do not think! – warned the son Raisa Ivanovna. - Better sprinkle ashes!

They argued for a long time on this subject, but I did not interfere (from sin away). I do not know whether Semyon convinced her mother or not, but I made her think: Raisa Ivanovna decided to pause and took a bucket of cereal to the storage room.

- And to feed tomatoes with water, infused with cereals, can you, what do you think? – began to reflect mother-in-law and showed a five-liter bucket with millet soaked in it. - A pound of water! It's been three days.
- We unanimously agreed and clarified that it would be more profitable not to insist on cereals, but to throw nettles or other plants cut with a knife into a barrel and pour water.

We quickly watered the tomatoes, and the mother-in-law promised that he would definitely listen to our advice. Then Raisa Ivanovna treated us to fresh strawberries straight from the garden. We ate berries, drank tea and went to the garden to watch the ants.

The insects roamed cheerfully and dragged millet cereal around the bins. Some individuals actively ran around the bed in search of supplements. Semyon carefully looked at the ants, then meaningfully looked at his mother and with a very clever look concluded: “They are looking for jam!” It's been a while since we laughed!

Raisa Ivanovna gathered a full bowl of berries with her. When we left, my mother said that she did not know where to put the millet she had bought: she did not like porridge from it, and she did not plan to keep chickens. The woman clearly intended to throw him in the bed. Then Semyon took the cereal and commented that fishing will be useful.

My husband is an avid fisherman. And anglers often use cereals and whole grains of corn, barley, peas and millet for bait, as well as bait. Steamed cereal is mixed with branded bait. Thus, its volume increases, and the total cost is cheaper. And the fish is more willing to gather in a fed place to enjoy a delicious treat.

What interesting and unusual use of cheap cereals did you come up with? Can you share your experience?

Tags

See also

New and interesting