We were almost done renovating the new house and were already thinking about moving, but the daughter decided that we should do otherwise.

Repairs to the new house It is almost always a symbol of new hopes and expectations. People try to invest in it as much as possible, because from now on they will live in the atmosphere they create. It's a magical feeling. Some, even with financial resources, do not want to call stylists and interior designers. On the contrary, they want to do everything for themselves.

Owners who have lived in their own house for a long time, know every detail, every detail. Because a private home is not even an apartment. He needs constant attention and care. But life in such a house cuts off any problems with noisy neighbors, lack of space, dirty air from the streets. Isn't that a dream?

My husband and I have lived in the village all our lives. It's actually not as bad as you might think. An hour’s drive away is the regional center. There are shops, school. There's no theater, but, you know, it's not a big loss for our brother. But it breathes easily and the head does not hurt from the noise of city cars. We like it.

But we understand that our daughter is not very attracted to this life. Like most young people, she likes the city. People, opportunities, fuss. I can understand her. It's young. Then I’ll say something else, but not now.

We've been building a house for about 12 years. Good, good quality. With the adjacent land. The idea is that you can farm in it, and the eye is happy. Not too big to save on heating. But not too small, this is not a city apartment, with a ceiling of 2 meters. It's a home, our dream.

We've practically built it. Only cosmetic interior work remains. Bring the furniture and you can move in. My husband has been waiting for this for a long time.

All this time, of course, we didn’t live on the street. Our father-in-law took us in. My husband is the only child in the family, so it was a pleasure. I accept the housework and understand it. The husband works and tries to help where you need strong hands, if the father-in-law can not cope. That's how we live.

My daughter was sent to the city to study. She was very happy about it, especially since their hostel has recently been renovated. No cockroaches and what else knowledgeable people say. It's okay, it's wonderful. It was, until recently.

Unintelligent children, and that's our problem. Students, as you all know, are adults. And, of course, smart. Much smarter than their village parents, who worked all their lives on the ground and made nothing but calluses. Young people are so progressive right now. But what they do not know is how to keep themselves in control, and not succumb to short-term passions.

In short, the second month of my Natasha. Well, at least the father-to-be didn't run away and deny anything. He says I want to get married. Who's against it? The only problem is with housing. Of course, they cannot stay in the dormitory. They don’t have enough money to rent something. What's left?

That's right, our house. We all live for children. We constantly deny ourselves just to make them feel better. And many parents, I'm sure, would have agreed to let a young couple in. But there's a quirk here.

The brother-in-law's parents are also rural. But from a nearby village. They insist on a wedding. They donate a car and agree to share all the costs of the wedding. Business. They only have one condition on our side. So we can sign the house for the young. A new home is a new family. What about? And they want to move to the city, so great: we will live there as we wanted, and they will have a backup option, if anything.

Peels I'm just wondering, "if anything," what is it at all? That's not the point. My husband and I are a little tired. My father-in-law are the kindest people and I cannot say a bad word about them. But living in the same house with my husband’s parents for so many years is too long. Let them have a big house, let them. But we're adults.

We endured so much, went to this dream, our own home. A huge amount of effort and work was put in. And all in order to rewrite it to a young man we barely know, just because we're expecting grandchildren? It may sound harsh, but it's beyond my power. Even my mother-in-law tells me not to. She knows what her son and I went through.

In our time, everything is too easy for young people. Want to get an education? The state issued the dormitory. Itched in one place? Mom and Dad, let them give the house away. We did not receive such blessings in their time. And they went to the city either for business or for big holidays.

But while the issue is in limbo, we are under pressure from all sides. Matchmakers bend their line as if they have a say in this situation at all. Their son's got two hands for it, too. The daughter says nothing, but the expression of her eyes is clear. Those who really support them are father-in-law and maybe neighbors.

However, time is running out and something needs to be decided. To abandon our big plans and give everything as it is, continuing to live with my husband's parents. Or do your own, but forever spoil relations with your daughter, and, later, with grandchildren. Whatever you do, you'll lose. A few months ago, everything was fine and we were so happy.

Tags

See also

New and interesting