I have been living in Germany for many years and I don’t want to go home, but I am worried about my mother’s condition.

Relationships with parents have been built since our childhood. We know, Why is the love of a mother so important to everyone? and father. But even more important is to maintain a normal relationship as an adult. When work and children take up more and more time.

Grateful descendants often visit parents, help them and in general, try to support the mother and father throughout the time. This behavior is transmitted to subsequent generations, if they are properly educated. But sometimes life circumstances require certain sacrifices. Unfortunately, this happens more and more often in our lives.

For 12 years, my family and I have been in Germany. We’ve even bought our own home here. The kids are happy, so is the husband. We do not plan to return home, because here we have a business that takes a lot of time and effort.

Peels Mom stayed home. She has no desire to move, as she also worked abroad. He says he doesn’t have the energy to go anywhere. Financially, thank goodness, there's a big, spacious house he and his father built for years. A car, even a small piece of land.

But my father passed away last year, and now my mother has started to squirm. She doesn't go anywhere, doesn't want to date her friends, so there's not much left. Mom always complains about bad mood and inner emptiness. And I understand. It is difficult for a woman at her age to be alone, and even in such a huge room. Always hear the echo of your own voice.

She does not want to have pets, find a hobby. Previously, she had plans to take care of the garden, but now even this interest simply dried up. And I don't know what to do about it. My sister lives in a town on the other side of the country. She has her own worries and does not want to move, although in that house they would be very spacious.

Peels has no other family members. She told me several times that it would be nice if my grandchildren came to visit my grandmother. My kids are too busy with themselves and their friends. Well, they will stay at their mom for a day or two, but then they will get tired of it and they will definitely start whining and hysteria. Who wants that kind of trouble?

I try to call and encourage my mom as often as possible via video link. But I know that doesn’t help much. She asked her sister to help, but she has her own problems in life, she says it directly. Is that right? Well, it's not for me to judge.

Peels I don’t know what to do in this situation. Mom is really sorry, but there are no options at all. I found my mom's roommate on social media. She's not a bad woman, she lives alone three houses from her mother's. She asked her to visit her mother from time to time for a small financial reward. Maybe it'll help.

Peels Mama, of course, do not say anything to not be offended. This is the kind of world we live in now: I personally cannot help her. Maybe you should. What would you do if you were me? I love my mother, but there is no way to leave Germany. Thanks for listening.

Tags

See also

New and interesting