Without demand, I looked at the neighbor's balcony and slouched, too violent flowering of violets.

What to feed violets In February, so that the plant enjoys its flowering for as long as possible? I got the answer! And it's very simple. It is enough to buy a ready-made fertilizer that is as good as possible for this flower. However, there are other solutions for organic lovers. We describe each of them in detail later in the article.

What to feed violets Violet for a reason has become one of the most popular houseplants. First, it can bloom all year round if you take care of it properly. Secondly, this care is not very difficult, so even a beginner can cope with the flower.

For normal growth of violets need a lot of lightHowever, direct sunlight should be avoided. The best place for plant life is the north, northeast or northwest window sill, where the light will be diffused.

Violets don't always bloom in winter. That’s because they need at least a 13-hour daylight. If you arrange a secluded place with a special lamp, the flower will please you with a lush color even in February.

For the same reason, violet is often fertilized with special fertilizers. It's best to feed the soil. perlite. These additives will make the land more permeable and breathable. Thanks to these tools, the root system of the plant will not suffer due to overhydration. And this, as you know, is disastrous for violet.

The flower is also very sensitive to temperatures. Therefore, this should be especially monitored in the cold season. The optimum temperature for this plant is 18-24 degrees of heat. In addition, the degree of humidity in the apartment is also important. It should be high, but it should not be allowed that moisture fell on the leaves and flowers.

Violets love nutritious soil and regular watering. As a rule, in summer it is enough to water the plant once a week, and in winter - once every 2 weeks. A good idea is to use special fertilizers that can be purchased in gardening stores.

Fertilizers for violets contain all the necessary trace elements and nutrients (nitrates, phosphates and potassium), which contribute to the healthy growth and flowering of the plant. It is recommended to fertilize violets once a month during the growing season, which usually lasts from spring to autumn.

You can also use it. feederFor example, diluted compost or manure dissolved in water. But do not overdo the amount, so as not to oversaturate the plant. Once every 2 weeks is enough.

It is important to remember that before fertilizing the flower must be watered so that the fertilizer is quickly and evenly distributed in the soil and does not damage the root system.

To grow a violet bush of extraordinary beauty, you need to follow the stepsons on the plant. These are lateral shoots growing from the sinuses of leaves. Flower growers-amateur is quite difficult to determine that in front of them is a stepson, and not a flowernose. That is why it is important to wait until the tiny cutting is about one centimeter in size.

In general, there is nothing wrong with violet stepsons. However, if you want the plant to please you with a lush color, they must be detected in time and separated from the main flower. So you can get a neat bush of violets with a flat top. Stepchildren lead to the fact that violets look clumsy and heterogeneous.

Remove unnecessary shoots is best with the help of ordinary toothpicks. Just prick the stepson on the violet with a toothpick so that it is located parallel to the cutting. Apply a small effort to tuck in the extra sprout, without severely injuring him.

Violets look wonderful! But not so long ago, I learned that from an energy point of view, this is not the best plant. If you are interested in this topic, I advise you to read my article, where I told about all the superstitions associated with this flower.

Tell me, do violets grow on your windowsill? How do you look after them?

Tags

See also

New and interesting