If you still have these vampire plants in your house, take them outside immediately to avoid failure.

There was no limit to my joy: violet! On the wide windowsill already stood two furry beauties with purple and pink petals, and this one is soft blue! I grew it from a leaf, which I broke with the permission of the hostess from a small mother flower when I was visiting a friend.

Violet blossomed You can multiply violets by dividing the bush. This procedure is recommended for adults and well-formed plants. Then you will not have to wait long for the first buds to appear. But, since the violet of the girlfriend appeared recently and did not have time to grow abundantly, there was nothing to share. So I decided to plant a leaf.

Upon returning home, I stuck the sheet in a container with a light substrate, moisturized and waited. The leaf for a long time “thought”, but took root and let shoots. Two months later, I put the young plant in a loose pot to develop further, and put it on a checked window sill.

At first, I had a problem with choosing a suitable window for violets: on one windowsill, the flowers “burned” in the sun, and on the other there was not enough light. When light roller curtains appeared on the frame, I was able to adjust the perfect lighting for the plants: the violets stopped reaching for the light, and the sunburns disappeared.

My friend explained to me earlier that in order for the violet to bloom, it must be watered correctly. The flower does not like excess moisture, but the excessive dryness of the air and soil reacts negatively. It is impossible to sprinkle water on the leaves, so it is recommended to water the plant carefully and only the soil should be moistened. You can simply pour water into the pallet, and after half an hour drain the remaining liquid.

I adhered to all the tips and recommendations: hid pots from direct sunlight, transplanted violets every six months, watered carefully, regularly fed. And then the violets blossomed!
I celebrated until a neighbor came to me on business. She saw the violets, and it started, "These flowers are vampires!" They bring bad luck! You can't keep them at home! Take the violets to work!

My neighbor, an elderly woman, is one of the most superstitious people. She believes that the violet in the house of the girl does not allow the hostess to marry, because the flower drives away the grooms. Also, according to the old woman, the houseplant can cause "female" diseases and provoke scandals.

By the way, she used to say the same thing about my Chinese rose, ivy and ficus. Then I read a lot of information about houseplants and learned that living flowers in the house bring only benefits to the owners. Their leaves purify the air not only from carbon dioxide, but also absorb formaldehydes released by low-quality furniture.

They regulate indoor humidity naturally and help fight dust. House flowers with their aroma and beauty fill the house with positive energy, which contributes to rest and restoration of the human body.

The danger can come only from some plants that emit poisonous juice. Such plants can not be shoved into the mouth or gnawed, so as not to harm your own health. Therefore, young parents with small children in the house and pet owners should carefully approach the choice of houseplants.

I did not argue with an older woman, so as not to make enemies living with me on the same platform. If there are energy vampires, it’s people! Because some neighbors irritate me a lot, and living next to indoor plants is comfortable and cozy for me!

Tags

See also

New and interesting