Which group will win the Eurovision Song Contest in 2023

This year’s Eurovision Song Contest will be held in the UK. Many countries in the world are already preparing for it. Ukraine was no exception, and its residents have recently chosen who will represent Ukrainians on the international stage. Today we will tell you in detail how the national selection took place and who was honored to go to conquer Liverpool.

Instagram / @ognjenmlc Song Contest Ukraine will take part in Eurovision next year as the winner of last year’s contest. According to the rules of “Eurovision – 2023” was to be held in Ukraine. However, for obvious reasons, this will not happen. We will welcome guests from all over the world in May.

Eurovision is an international song contest, thanks to which young artists can loudly express themselves. Recall that the year before last with enchanting success it managed to do the Italian band Måneskin. Now the band is known and loved all over the world, although its members are not yet 25 years old.

This year, many young Ukrainian artists also decided to try their luck to get to the Eurovision Song Contest. Applications for participation in the competition lasted from August 17 to October 15, 2022. Any band or solo artist at least 16 years old could apply. One of the conditions, as always, was the uniqueness of the song. The jury and the audience had to hear it for the first time.

As a result, 10 participants appeared on the national selection stage. They are instrumentalist singer Moisei, electronic band OY Sound System, singer DEMCHUK, singer Jerry Heil and FIINKA. Also in the national selection took part singer and bandurist KRUT, lyrical duo Tember Blanche, singer Angelina, rock band 2TONE and the duo TVORCHI.

Instagram / @ourthehardkiss The final of the national selection took place on December 17. Each of the participants presented their song with dignity. And the judges and the audience judged which of the compositions they liked more. This year, the jury was the singer Jamala, the frontwoman of the group The Hardkiss Julia Sanina and the frontman of the group Antitil Taras Topol.

By the way, this year, the audience itself chose which of the Ukrainian artists will take the judging chair. Voting took place on the Internet in a very convenient format. Everyone could vote in the Diya app right in their smartphone.

This year, the participants presented most of the songs in Ukrainian. Singer Jerry Heil in her characteristic manner skillfully combined English and Ukrainian in the composition. In many tracks there were Ukrainian folklore motifs. For example, they impregnated the lyrical composition of the bandurist KRUT called “Koliskova”.

Instagram / @bandura_krut Many said that she will go to the “Eurovision”. First of all, Marina Krut is a wonderful singer. Her sensual voice touches even the most secret strings of the soul. Secondly, the bandurist has already participated in previous national selections. She deserves to represent Ukraine at the song contest in Liverpool.

However, the audience decided otherwise. Despite the highest score from the jury, KRUT failed to achieve the same from the audience. They preferred TVORCHI to her. This is a very popular Ukrainian duo playing electronic music.

Instagram/@tvorchi_official TVORCHI Group has been around since 2018. It was founded by the guys from Ternopil: sound producer Andrei Gutsulyak and vocalist Jeffrey Kenny. The latter is a native of Nigeria. However, the guy has been living in Ukraine for a long time and does not plan to return to his homeland.

I must say that not everyone accepted the fact that this year Ukraine will not be represented at Eurovision. Many people are outraged by the fact that the Nigerian does not even know the Ukrainian language. However, Jeffrey is not worried about the hater comments. They were, are and will be.

Instagram / @tvorchi_official Guy is actively learning Ukrainian with a tutor. TVORCHI has long had songs in Ukrainian. They want to use their participation in the contest as an opportunity to remind the world of the horror that Ukrainians have been experiencing over the past year. And I'm sure Jeffrey, as an English-speaking person, will be able to do that in the UK.

The song "Heart of Steel" is called "Heart of Steel". I would be lying if I said I saw something special about this song. I like the composition of KRUT much more. Nevertheless, TVORCHI creates high-quality music, which should be appreciated at Eurovision. If you haven't heard Jeffrey Kenny sing, this is the video for you!

about:blank

Are you looking forward to Eurovision 2023?

Photo in article

Tags

See also

New and interesting