How to Ask Forgiveness on Forgiveness Sunday

March 6, 2022 was Forgiveness Sunday. The lights will go out in the temple, the abbot will come out in a dark epitrahili and in a quiet voice will tell about the coming Lent and that now we should ask for forgiveness. On this day, the temple looks different, everyone is silent, and you unconsciously try to walk quietly.

The soul trembles, and the heart freezes from the silent question: “Can I really forgive everything?” Will I be forgiven? It is difficult to get rid of all offenses and with a pure heart, falling down on the face, forgive everyone and ask for forgiveness yourself.

It is not difficult to ask forgiveness from unfamiliar people. Fall on the wooden floor of the temple, bow and ask forgiveness from everyone in this world. It’s easy to say “I’m sorry!” to someone you see for the first time. It’s nice to hear “God forgives and I forgive.” However, the real catharsis can be understood only by asking forgiveness from the one to whom it is really guilty.

In life, there are often misunderstandings, quarrels, conflicts. We tend to blame others, sometimes forget to give in, we can’t keep quiet. It's all human nature, it's hard to do anything about it, get rid of it completely. We are given the opportunity to forgive and ask forgiveness.

Agree, when you break down on a loved one, rude to a colleague or sharply express yourself when you see that you are wrong, an unpleasant aching feeling settles in the soul. Our complacency is broken, our peace is lost. What about that? How do you counter that?

In his sermon before Lent, the priest in our church said: “If you are offended, mocked, hurt, do not answer them.” Even if it seemed very offensive and unfair. Don't make excuses or argue. Just keep quiet. For in this holy time the enemy tempts us thus.”

Finding the strength to calmly bear grievances and not to give in to temptation is very difficult. This skill is learned over the years. So we need to learn another art: to forgive and to ask forgiveness. This is why we are given the day before Lent – Forgiveness Sunday. On this day, everyone has a chance to let go of all offenses, repent of their deeds and start fasting clean.

To make it easier to open up and forgive, we suggest that you recite a prayer. These strong words will help calm the heart and find strength in yourself.

In the hand of Thy supreme mercy, O my God, I give my soul and body, my feelings and verbs, my counsels and thoughts, my works and all my body and souls in my movement. My entrance and my exodus, my faith and my dwelling, the flow and the end of my life, the day and hour of my breath, my repose, the rest of my soul and body.

But you, O Mercy God, of the whole world, unstoppable Goodness, unmaligned by the sins of the whole world, O Lord, me, more than all sinful men, receive in the hand of Your protection and deliver me from all evil, cleanse many of my iniquities, give correction to my evil and chastened life, and from the coming sins of fierce sins, always admire me, and in no way when I anger Your love of humanity, it covers my weakness from demons, passions and evil men.

By the enemy, visible and invisible, lead me in the way of salvation, bring to thee, my abode and desires of my land. Grant me the end of a Christian, shameless, peaceful, keep malice from the air spirits, at Thy terrible judgment be merciful to Thy servant, and honor me at the right hand of Thy blessed sheep, that with them I will praise Thee, my Creator, forever. Amen.

Prayer to the Lord for forgiveness - that's a strong prayer. You need to read it with all your heart, living every sin committed by you, every offense caused. After this prayer, it is easier to ask forgiveness from those whom you have wronged.

It is difficult not only to ask forgiveness, but also to forgive the offenders. There are words that will help you find the strength to let go of resentment.

“Have mercy on those who hate me and envy me!” Have mercy on those who slander me and hurt me.

Do nothing evil to them because of their unworthy servant; but because of their utter mercy and immense goodness, neither in this life nor in the future age shall they suffer evil for me, the sinner. Sanctify them with Your mercy and autumn with Your grace, O All-Good, for You are blessed before all for ever and ever. Amen.

We hope that you will be able to get rid of all offenses and cleanse your heart from them. Let me. prayer They will help you and guide you to the right path. And remember, God will forgive.

Tags

See also

New and interesting