Feelings of children taking elderly parents to live with them

It is hard to imagine how important it is. mother. Sometimes we don’t realize how much parents need us. Especially when mom or dad is on the verge of old age.

GettyImages to someone nursing Seems like torture. For some, it is a breath of fresh air and a new meaning in life. This is exactly what happened to the heroine of today’s story – the writer Mila Miller. We found her heartwarming story on the Internet, for which she is very grateful! We're in a hurry to share the find with you.

A mother in a man’s life took her mother to live with her. Forever. Nothing beforehand, just one day, with one package. In the package - tights, slippers with the inscription "Best grandmother in the world" (a gift from my children), a warm robe with a shirt and for some reason a pillowcase. Mom packed the bag herself.

Now I have a four-year-old girl at home for three weeks. Slim, with a snow-white germ on her head, in cotton tights with an accordion on her ankles. She walks along the corridor, finely shuffling with warm slippers, carefully stops at the threshold and raises her legs high, crossing invisible obstacles.

GettyImages smiles at the dog in the hallway. He hears invisible people and tells me daily news from them. She's shy and sleeps a lot. Carefully bites a chocolate bar (I always put chocolate in her room) and washes down with tea, holding the cup with both hands - one hand trembles.

He is afraid of losing his wedding ring with a thin hand, he is constantly checking it. I suddenly see how old and helpless she is. She just let go, relaxed and stopped playing adult. And she trusted me completely, absolutely, in all the details of her life. And the most important thing for her is when I'm home. She exhales so lightly when I walk off the street that I try not to leave for long.

And I brew soup for dinner every day, like kids did when I was a kid, and there was a vase of cookies on the table.

What do I feel? First, horror. She was independent, all three years after her father's death she wanted to live alone. For the first time in my life, at eighty, my mother did what she wanted. This damn virus broke my mother, two months at home did their job and the psyche collapsed. Now I feel sorry for this fragile universe, love and tenderness.

GettyImages I understand perfectly well which road we are taking. I really want this road to be happy for her - with her beloved daughter, in warmth and comfort. With homemade cakes and patties. The rest doesn’t matter to Mom anymore. I now have a daughter of eighty-three years at home and I am happy that God has given me the opportunity to make her sunset happy, and my future life calm, without mental anguish.

Mom, thank you for having you. Please be a little longer...

As adults, people often change their lives. Communication with parents fades into the background, and when you realize its importance, it may be too late. What could be more expensive than mother? That's probably a rhetorical question.

Call your mother and tell her how much you love her. No reason. No reason. You will see, she will be happy like a child.

Photo in article .

Tags

See also

New and interesting