The problem for preschoolers, which the broken hour is solved by adults

Usually adults believe that they cope with any task much better than children. They don’t even need any special mathematical skills. Many years of experience and memory help, helpfully offering ready-made solutions. But it is worth getting off the familiar path, and the child’s flexibility of the mind immediately takes up. An example of this is the logical tasks for preschoolers who playfully laid on both shoulder blades of adult Twitter users.

The exercise from a preschool textbook sparked heated debate and quickly went viral online.

got this from fb, lama tengok, baru faham pic.twitter.com/I7Be9yAPK7

— Kema (@amldrss) September 20, 2019

As you can see in the photo, you need to match words with pictures. But adult social media users are baffled and embarrassed to admit they have no idea how to do it. For example, “Do you need to find a picture that looks like a bag or something?”

What are the comments: “I will have to stay in kindergarten for the second year!”, “If such tasks appear at interviews, then I will definitely not be able to find a job.”

I'm not sure why this eercise is necessary though pic.twitter.com/JuJ41XbJBV

— MissHope (@Hopeily) September 20, 2019

The futile efforts to deal with the bag, nose, fish, egg, pen and chair brought some impatient users to white heat: “You just have to be a genius to solve such problems!”

However, being a genius is not necessary. You don't even have to be able to read. This exercise is for preschoolers! The only thing stopping you is a lack of flexibility. All right, let's not make fun of it anymore and get the answer right.

What's he just giving us? So, the nose corresponds to a straight stick, and the egg is something like a key. What's the logic, brother? To understand, adults will need further clarification.

“For those who are wondering, you can match the shape of the words with the drawings within the framework. For example, write the word bag in the corresponding field and you will see that the pattern coincides.”

Readers write that this exercise is called “word recognition.” “Children recognize words as patterns rather than read them by letters. It is easier to detect spelling errors. That is why they can read abbreviated words, recognizing their shape even without some letters.

Well, I hope you have grasped the logic of the first example. And then it's gonna go smoothly. Or not?

They say that children find the answer to the problem in the photo in 5-10 minutes, and adults will need at least half an hour, or even an hour. Set the time!

As in the previous task, the main information here is visual. Children do not know how to add, much less multiply and divide such large numbers. And to solve the problem, you just need to count the circles in each number.

It becomes clear that the number 8809 is 6 (two full circles in eights and one in 0 and 9). For 3333, 0, and for 3610, 2.

As you can see, the tasks were not at all difficult and quite possible even for a preschooler. Adults are used to making things so complicated!

Tags

See also

New and interesting