I overheard the conversation of women in line and learned how to clean the greasy sleeves of a down jacket without washing.

I was standing in line recently and I overheard two women talking. One complained to the other that she took out a winter down jacket, and he had greasy sleeves. She does not want to wash it completely because there is nowhere to dry it. But wearing it like that is embarrassing. And the second woman told me how easy it is to remove these stains. I didn’t think about it for some reason, but now I will use it all the time!

Editorial "Site" It tells you how to clean the greasy sleeves and collar of the down jacket without total washing.

The oily sleeves of the down jacket are the perfect clothes: comfortable, practical and stylish. However, light down jackets are in fashion now. Their sleeves and collar get dirty very quickly. In order not to expose the down jacket to constant washing, you can use a simple method of removing stains. There are several of them.

For starters, the way I learned from the woman in line. To get rid of stains, you need to moisten dirty areas with warm water. You will also need a sponge for washing dishes or a toothbrush. It doesn't matter what. The main thing is to have a hard surface. Brush or sponge also soak with water and thoroughly soap with household soap. Then start cleaning the stains.

The more soap you have, the better. Then rinse with water and see if there is any contamination. If necessary, repeat the procedure again. It is important to wash away the remaining soap so that there are no divorces. Then just dry it well. You didn't have to turn on the car, and the down jacket is clean!

The first method well removes all sorts of dirt, but does not always cope with salty spots. Ammonia will help better in this. To clean the down jacket, you need to prepare an alcohol solution. To do this, mix 1 tablespoon of ammonia with 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide. In this solution, wet the sponge and wipe the contaminated areas. Leave for a few minutes and then rinse with water. One application is enough to make the spots come off.

Also copes well with such spots liquid for washing dishes. You will again need a solution: 1 tbsp. l. funds for 500 ml of water. Just keep in mind that you won't be completely washing the down jacket. Choose a product with a neutral smell, so that it does not remain on the fabric. Soak the sponge in the solution and clean the dirty places. Leave for 20 minutes and then rinse with water.

If the spots are old and are not washed by any of the above methods, you can use a super tool: salt and starch. To do this, take the components in equal quantities. Add some water and stir until a porridge state. Rub this mixture into stains on the down jacket. Leave the mixture for 10 minutes after rinsing with water.

All these methods perfectly cope with various spots. They remove even the most old pollution. Thanks to them, you don’t have to wash the jacket too often. After all, some materials deteriorate after frequent washing. By the way, we have already written about how to choose a quality down jacket. We hope you will benefit from our simple advice!

Tags

See also

New and interesting