Notified the children that the boarding school for the elderly, so you will have to sell all the apartments in which they live.

How to get into a nursing home when parents become a burden to their adult children? Some older people themselves express a desire to meet old age with their peers, and to have competent people nearby who will provide medical and psychological assistance.

Nadezhda Lvovna decided that she wanted to go to a nursing home, and told her children about it. It turns out that old age can be found in good conditions, if you move to a private boarding house with all the amenities. But for this you need to pay a tidy sum.

How to get into a nursing home “My children have long since got their own families, they have their own lives, their own worries. I don’t want to burden anyone with old age. In my children, my husband and I invested all the money, all the youth and free time. I have a daughter and a youngest son. I made sure that they received a good education and were able to receive a decent salary for their work in the future.

When my daughter got married, she gave birth to a granddaughter and then became pregnant with her second child. We were waiting for the birth of our second grandson, I supported my daughter in everything. But there was grief - my husband was gone. It wasn't easy for me at the time, but I didn't show up for my daughter.

After the wedding, my daughter and husband moved into my mother’s apartment. They renovated there, settled down. A few years later, I gave my son, who was going to get married, the apartment of my mother-in-law. At the time, I was renting out to get extra money, but my son’s well-being was more important than my own.

The real estate documents were all issued to me. My husband once decided that, and I did not change anything after he died. I've been retired for several years. I worked until the last day and now at 78 I want to rest. Apparently, the children will not take care of me.

I called my daughter, she was busy, asked my son to take me to the doctor, he said to call a taxi. So I picked up my son-in-law, he has a car too, and he's obviously busy until late at night. My daughter said she could call me a taxi, and I was eventually given a ride by a young neighbor when she saw me barely climbing the stairs.

I want to take care of my old age, since children do not reach this point. A friend said that nursing homes on a free basis terrible treatment of pensioners. She advised considering paid options. The conditions are better and the staff are more friendly.

On Sunday, I brought my children together on a very important issue. I said I decided to move to a boarding house, but I'd have to sell all my possessions. The children were angry with me and told me that this is not what parents do.
What should I do if I am all alone? The kids come to see me twice a month, and all the while I'm sitting at home by the window wondering what's next? Will I spend the rest of my days alone? At least there's someone in the nursing home to talk to. Everyone is as lonely and miserable as I am. Am I not entitled to a decent age?

My kids say they help me in every way they can. But this is not a substitute for human communication. I would have a dog, but I don’t have enough health to take care of it. And if boarding school is the only option worthy of old age, then I am ready to survive the resentment of ungrateful children.”

Care for parents is the responsibility of adult children. Chinese law requires children to look after their elderly parents. In different countries, the conditions are different, but everywhere caring for the elderly is an unspoken rule.

It is sad that in old age a person is left with nothing. And without care, care, elementary attention and human communication, people disappear in their old apartments. It is good when some property has accumulated for life, and a person is able to make decisions in his own right mind. But can you leave your parents to their fate?

Tags

See also

New and interesting