Muammar Gaddafi - a very advanced Muslim. He opposes discrimination against women, admires the Internet holds beauty contests and advocating monogamy.
This photo 1970 - Libyan leader, 27-year-old Colonel Muammar Gaddafi in military uniform. He directs Libya since he came to power in a bloodless military coup in 1969.
1. Full name: Muammar Muhammad bin Abdel Salam Abu Menyar bin Hamid al-Gaddafi.
2. Nobody in the world knows how to write his name. There are more than thirty Latin transliteration of the name of Gaddafi. In particular - Gaddafi, Gathafi, Gathafi, Gadafy, Qaddafi, and so on.
3. The exact date of his birth is unknown. Many of his biographers claim that Gaddafi was born in 1940. Gaddafi himself says that was born on June 19, 1942 in a Bedouin tent, 30 kilometers south of the city of Sirte.
Gaddafi was seen on worship after a speech in the city of Benghazi February 25, 2010.
4. His father - a native of the tribe of al-Gaddafi. Gaddafi senior wandered, pass the camels and goats. Mother with three older daughters, was a housewife.
In this photo from October 10, 1976, President Muammar Gaddafi welcomed the crowd, riding on a horse during a ceremony in Ajdabiya, Libya. The celebration in 1976 marks the anniversary of the expulsion of Italians 6 from Libya. (AP)
5. According to another hypothesis, Gaddafi - son of an Air Force officer Corsican "Free French» (FAFL) Captain Albert Preziosi, which in 1941 crashed in the Libyan desert. French military dictator and incredibly similar.
6. Gaddafi invented and coined the word "Isratine" (for the Palestinian-Israeli state) and "Jamahiriya».
7. Muammar Gaddafi in Libya does not take any public office in 1979, did not prevent him from being the head of state.
8. Libyans call it "al-ah al-Qaeda assaura" ("brother leader of the revolution") and "Al-ah al-aqida" ("Brother Colonel»).
9. While in January 1976, Gaddafi was promoted to major general, he was retained and the rank of colonel.
10. Bodyguard Gaddafi - 40 female virgins with Kalashnikovs, all with bright nail polish.
11. In international travel Gaddafi is trying to take the camels to drink their milk.
12. Gaddafi admired Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Gandhi. It is not known whether the Libyan leader said that after the death of heroes he had no one to talk to.
13. Gaddafi was rumored to have an enormous capacity for work. He supposedly working for 16-18 hours a day.
14. One of the first steps after Gadhafi came to power, was the reform of the calendar. Chronology was conducted from the year of death of the Muslim prophet Muhammad. Change the name of months and years.
15. During his visit to the Apennines in November 2009. Muammar Gaddafi called several hundred attractive Italians at his residence in Rome, and tried to persuade them to convert to Islam.
Gaddafi waving Palestinian workers expelled from Libya, Libya and supporters October 4, 1995 during his visit to the camp on neutral territory at the Libyan-Egyptian border under the jurisdiction of Libya. Gaddafi urged the police to evict the Palestinian workers and their families in response to the agreement of Israel and the Palestine Liberation Organization.
16. In 1981, the Americans accused him of plotting the assassination of President Ronald Reagan. Although listed in the US list of terrorists allegedly plotting to kill, belonged to one of the anti-Libyan organizations for Gaddafi entrenched the status of "terrorist number one".
A meeting of US President Barack Obama and Muammar Gaddafi at the summit of the Group of Eight in L'Aquila, Italy July 9, 2009.
17. Of all the acts of terrorism connected with the Gaddafi regime, the most famous was an explosion of a passenger plane company Pan American Scottish town of Lockerbie on December 21, 1988, which killed 270 people.
In the organization of the terrorist attack two suspected Libyan, but Tripoli refused to extradite them. In 1999, the two suspects appeared in court in the Netherlands, and in 2003, Libya has officially recognized its responsibility for the attack and agreed to pay compensation to the families of the victims.
18. In 1984 the building of the Libyan Embassy in London opened fire on a demonstration of Libyan exiles who opposed Gaddafi. Eleven people have been injured, killed a police officer Yvonne Fletcher.
19. April 15, 1986, American planes bombed Gaddafi's residence in the suburbs of Tripoli. Libyan leader himself survived, but died during the bombing 101 Libyan, including Gaddafi's adopted daughter polutoragodovalaya.
20. During the August coup in Moscow Muammar Gaddafi supported the actions of the Emergency Committee.
21. Gaddafi advocates the establishment of the United States of Africa - that is the United States.
Gaddafi with the leader of the Muslims of the United States, Luis Farrakhanom (left) at the opening of a new hospital in Tripoli August 31, 1996.
22. Gaddafi, according to unofficial data, provided the Americans intelligence on the terrorist network "Al-Qaeda" during the US military operation in Afghanistan.
23. Muammar Gaddafi married second marriage. After the coup in Libya in 1969, he dissolved the marriage of Fatima, daughter of General Khalid - one of the approximate former Libyan monarch Idris. His second wife was a nurse in a military hospital Safia.
Qaddafi (center), President of Kenya, Daniel Arap Moi (left) and President Gnassingbe Eyadema of Togo during a speech Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak at the opening session of the summit "Europe - Africa" in Cairo on April 3, 2000.
24. Do the Gaddafi eight children: seven sons and one daughter.
25. One of his sons, Saadi al-Gaddafi has played in the national football team of Libya, as well as in the Italian top division clubs Perugia and Udinese.
26. Another son, Colonel, Motassim, in 2001, made an unsuccessful attempt to buy abroad tanks and short-range missiles for the army brigade headed by him.
Gaddafi during a meeting with US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice in Tripoli on September 5, 2008.
27. The only daughter of Muammar Qaddafi Ayesha studied in Paris and was entitled to a legal defense in the trial of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein.
Gaddafi September 1, 1996, surrounded by guests and supporters in Tripoli during the ceremony of the 27th anniversary of the 1969 coup that brought him to power.
28. The youngest son of the leader of the revolution Hannibal has repeatedly figured in scandals. Abroad, he was detained for speeding on the road, and he resisted the police.
29. Two other sons of Gaddafi also frequently mentioned in the press. According to unconfirmed reports, a son of Gaddafi, Khamis, died March 21, 2011 (supposedly the pilot of the Libyan armed forces specifically directed to the strengthening of the plane, where there was Khamis and his family).
Another son Saif al-Islam to the beginning of the unrest in Libya as defected to the opposition, demanding the resignation of his father.
30. In 2006, Libya Muammar Gaddafi proclaimed birthplace of "Coca-Cola". He said that initially all the ingredients for the manufacture of beverage delivered from Africa.
So now Coca-Cola Company should pay the African Governments percentage of each bottle sold.
Gaddafi and his wife Safia Farkash December 2, 1997. Safiya - Gaddafi's wife and mother of his seven biological children. The couple also adopted a boy and a girl Milad Hanna, who died in 1986 at the age of four, when the US bombed the Libyan capital Tripoli.
31. Gaddafi announced the English playwright William Shakespeare Arab immigrant, and, according to him, Shakespeare's birthplace, where he went to England, named Sheikh Zubayr.
32. Colonel known as an opponent of discrimination against women. In an interview with the leader of a Muslim country he said that, in his opinion, a man should be content with one wife.
33. Among entertainment Gaddafi, by his own admission, - horseback riding, hunting, reading and Internet.
Gaddafi hugs Tunisian President Zine El Abidine Ben Ali during a mini-summit of Arab states in Tripoli June 10, 2008. According to the US State Department received from WikiLeaks, Gaddafi's fear of flying and traveling in the company of "lush blonde" - Ukrainian nurse.
34. In 2002, the colonel held in a network of international beauty contest Miss Net World.
35. In addition to the "Green Book", written by Gaddafi belongs to the product under the name "Long live the State of the oppressed!", Published in 1997, and a collection of stories, parables, "The Village, Village.
Land, Land. Suicide astronaut and other stories. " Abroad, short stories and essays have been published in the colonel a book "Escape to Hell».
36. The first musical hit Muammar Gaddafi Zenga Zenga Song on Youtube collected nearly four million views. The video made by one Israeli journalist: he assembled slogans from the speeches of the leader and put them into electronic music.
British Prime Minister Tony Blair (left) walks with Gaddafi tent next to Gaddafi in Tripoli March 25, 2004.
37. unpretentious life of Gaddafi, leads the life of an ascetic. At one time, even fond of vegetarianism. He does not drink coffee, tea and alcoholic drinks, does not smoke, eat very little, mainly simple food.
38. Nevertheless, it is estimated the British Treasury, the value of its assets invested in the United Kingdom, is about $ 32 billion.
39. Gaddafi belongs to 7, 5 percent of the shares in the Italian UniCredit, two percent in the automotive group Fiat, two percent in the military-industrial group Finmeccanica, 7, 5 percent in the Turin soccer club Juventus.
Also, Libya (actually - Gaddafi) owns three percent of the British holding company Pearson, which controls one of the largest publishing houses of the world - Penguin Group and, more symbolically, the company Financial Times Group, publishes the world's leading business newspaper the Financial Times and owns half of the weekly The Economist .
40. Moreover, the Libyan leader owns not less than 143, 8 tons of gold (6, $ 5 billion), nestled in the state. More precisely, the money - the property of the Libyan Central Bank, which is under the full control of the leader of the revolution.
Gaddafi on the background of the statue, depicting a US military aircraft to grab his hand, near his home in Tripoli on February 5, 2001. In 2009, in an address to the UN General Assembly Gaddafi criticized the US for the war in Iraq, saying the former US President George W. Bush should be tried for war crimes.