Unacceptable mistakes in the Russian language

We are all literate people and strive to speak and write correctly. And most of all, annoying mistakes in seemingly simple words hinder this desire. There are words that you just need to remember and not give in to provocations, even if they try to mislead us again.

DepositPhotos

Today's edition. "Site" He shares the most common with you. speechlessness And the letters that many of us have written.

Literary speech
  1. I eat.
    It's a very nice word, but it's best not to use it. At home, in relation to the child, of course, it is possible, but nothing more. The use of the verb “to eat” in speech about oneself contradicts the stylistic norms of the Russian language. So it's better not to use the phrase "I ate" instead of "I ate."

DepositPhotos
  2. I'm sorry.
    The suffix "-s" or "-sya" denotes an action directed at oneself. For example, I wear shoes – I wear shoes, which means I apologize – I forgive myself. We don’t argue, it’s also useful, but if you want to ask someone for forgiveness, it’s better to say sorry.

DepositPhotos
  3. Generally.
    This is one of the saddest words of the Russian language. What mistakes were not made in it, but you just need to remember that there is no word “general”, there is “in general” and “in general”. And no more variation.

4. Quiet sap
    As long as they don't twist that expression. The correct option is “quiet boot”, which means slowly, imperceptibly, sneak.

DepositPhotos
  5. croaking heart
    Another pain in its purest form. There are many invented variations of this unhappy expression: both fastening the heart and creaking the heart. What they do not do to a poor heart. Let's remember that the heart doesn't creak, it's held together. So, it is correct to write “with the heart closed”. By the way, it means against the will, not at the call of the heart.

DepositPhotos
  6. Good day.
    This strange expression is justified by the fact that it is impossible to predict the person will receive a letter in the morning or evening. But tell me this, would you be very upset to read a letter in the evening that begins with “Good day!”? If so, why not start using the beautiful word “Hello!”? So it is more beautiful and does not violate the norms of the Russian language.

DepositPhotos
  7. More or less.
    And this is the most harmless mistake, sometimes people write it in one word. But now the most correct way of writing is more or less.

DepositPhotos
  8. Floating.
    Everyone understands what this expression means, but many people write it incorrectly. It is necessary to write "to go into oblivion", because Leta is the name of the river. According to ancient Greek mythology, after arriving in the underworld, the dead drank from this river and forgot the past. Hence the meaning of this expression.

9. On arrival.
    A terrible dream of a Russian language teacher. Remember, the preposition “po” (meaning “after”) is used with a noun in the proposed case. So you have to say "on arrival."

DepositPhotos
  10. All right.
    Order is a mathematical concept. Roughly speaking, an increase of an order of magnitude means an increase of 10 times. Therefore, using it in the meaning of “about” is incorrect. But it's on the letter. This is allowed in spoken language. My grandmother had about 20 geese.

DepositPhotos

These are the insidious mistakes that have ruined many people’s reputation. But now you know what not to do. I hope you don't fall for that bait again and let those words confuse you.

We often make materials that help us all get better and not make mistakes. For example, recently we've been sorting out the most common and terrible mistakes in the Russian language.

And we made a selection of words about food, in which it is better not to make mistakes. Be sure to look!

Did you like the article? Share it with your friends!

Tags

See also

New and interesting