Erich Fromm: 20 great quotes about the issues disturbing people.

Erich Fromm is a great thinker, an outstanding psychologist and philosopher whose statements help to answer the most important questions troubling mankind. There are few psychologists whose ideas have enjoyed such worldwide popularity. And this is the explanation — see for yourself!

The editors of the"Site" shares with you wise quotes brilliant philosopher who can touch the soul, reveal human nature, the meaning of existence and show the place in the world.

Philosophical statements
  1. We have what about yourself, inspire yourself, and what about us, we have inspired others.
  2. The main life task of man is to give life to himself, to become what he is potentially. The most important product of his effort is his own personality.
  3. Happiness is not some God's gift, but an achievement of which man achieves his inner fruitfulness.
  4. Sensitive people can't resist a deep sadness about the inevitable tragedies of life. Joy and sadness are inevitable experiences sensitive, full of life person.
  5. The unhappy fate of many people — a consequence not of their choice. They are neither alive nor dead. Life is a burden, pointless occupation, and the case — only a means of protection from torment of existence in the realm of shadows.
  6. The nature of the child — a replica of the character's parents, it develops in response to their character.

7. Man is the centre and purpose of his life. The development of his personality, the realization of the inner potential is the highest goal that simply can not change or depend on other supposedly higher purpose.
  8. The concept of "being alive" — the concept is not static, but dynamic. Existence is the same as the disclosure of the specific forces of the body. Actualization of potential forces is an inherent property of all organisms. Therefore, the potential of a person in accordance with the laws of its nature should be seen as the goal of human life.
  9. If the person is able to fully love, he loves himself; if he can love only others, he cannot love at all.
  10. The goal of man to be himself, and the condition of achieving this goal is to be a man for himself. Not self-denial, not self-love, and the love of self; not a rejection of the individual, and the statement of his own human self — is the true Supreme values of humanistic ethics.
  11. If things could talk, then the question "Who are you?" a typewriter would answer: "I am typewriter", the car said, "I — car" or more specifically: "I'm a "Ford" or "Buick" or "Cadillac"". If you ask people who he is, he answers: "I — Fabrikant", "I am servant", "I am the doctor" or "I am a married man" or "I am the father of two children" and his response would mean almost the same, which would mean a reply talking things.
  12. Life has no other meaning except that which man gives it, revealing their strength, by living productively.
  13. The person who cannot create wants to destroy.

14. If a person can not live in compulsion, not automatically and spontaneously, he becomes aware of himself as an active creative person and understand that life has only one meaning, life itself.
  15. If puppy love is based on the principle "I love because we love", Mature love is based on the principle "I love because I love you". Immature love yelling "I love you because I need you!". Mature love says: "I need you because I love you."
  16. Life confronts man paradoxical task: on the one hand to realize their individuality, and on the other to outdo her and come to an experience of universality. Only fully developed personality can rise above his "I".
  17. I am sure that no one can "save" his neighbor, making him a choice. All that can help one person to another, is to open the door in front of him, truthfully and with love but without sentimentality and illusions, the existence of alternatives.
  18. Empathy and experience suggest that I experience something experienced by another person and, consequently, in this experience he and I are one. All the knowledge about the other person is valid as far as they are based on my experience what he is experiencing.
  19. Our moral problem is the indifference of man to himself.
  20. If other people do not understand our behavior — so what? Their desire to do only as they understand it is an attempt to dictate to us. If that means being "asocial" or "irrational" in their eyes, though. Most of them offends our freedom and our courage to be ourselves.

These wise sayings were no doubt worthy of attention, so definitely tell your friends about them!

The author

Christina Mironyuk Fan of painting, especially Monet and Klimt. Loves movies, appreciates the music on vinyl. The architecture and sculpture that inspires inquisitive personality round the clock! Christina has been studying digital technology for prosthetics in dentistry. The girl chooses minimalism and simplicity in the interior, and in life. Inspiring mountain view and the book "Twenty thousand leagues under the sea" by Jules Verne — that is necessary for the happiness of our charming author!

Tags

See also

New and interesting