Mistakes that don'T need to fix

Short inspirational story – about why a errors is so complicated to fix them. "A few years ago I was in an unusual gallery and wandered through it for about an hour – they sold carpets of the Navajo Indians. Actually, the carpet was even more than unusual. The owner is a collector, amazing and strange man named Jamie Ross, collected rugs Navajo with English words, letters and whole sentences, woven into the pattern.

My attention was drawn to some samples, and I asked him to tell how these rugs came to him in the gallery. Jamie is one of those people who knows how to give short, superficial question unhurried and thoughtful response, for ten minutes. I had nothing against, because nowhere in that time was in no hurry.

He told and explained a lot of interesting things... But most of all I was struck and sunk into the soul one of his answer. I noticed that in many carpet weaving small visible flaws, and asked why the master left them? It was a conspicuous deviation from drawing random lines and patterns, slightly out of sample compared to other on the carpet.

Ross replied that there are a lot of explanations. One of the most famous — Navajo intentionally weave imperfections in the pattern on the carpet to remind ourselves of the imperfection of human nature. The same view we find in the Japanese art of wabi-Sabi.

But he prefers another explanation. It is not that the Navajos deliberately make mistakes in the weave. Deliberately their desire not to go back and fix them.

He said that the Navajo refer to errors as moments in time. Once we are not able to change time, why try to fix the error that has already occurred? The bug has been woven into the fabric of time. It is useful to remember this when looking back.

He developed his idea further and gave the example of climbing a mountain. When we climb to the top, by the way, be sure to make false steps and fail. But we continue to go. We don't stop and back to the starting point, if somewhere stumbled and fell, and then went the wrong way and went astray. We continue to go.

It is impossible to erase a wrong move. It has already happened, and that's part of climbing... If you managed to reach the top, don't you think climbing with all its penalties of failure. Similarly, Navajo does not consider the carpet with a few bad stitches defective.If the carpet is finished, it means it succeeded. And more importantly, a rug with a few bad stitches – true, genuine carpet". published

©Jason Fried

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind - together we change the world! ©

Source: smart-cookie.ru/preodolenie-2/oshibka-prosto-moment-vo-vremeni/

Tags

See also

New and interesting