School rebus. That develop? Strong or weak side?

Someone school years, recalls with pleasure. Personally, I do not remember in any way, because it was not very interesting. College period of life was much richer and more interesting. After school, I long time forgot about it and not particularly interested, until it was time for the children to go to school.

The first question was to decide which school to send their child. Earlier somehow did not think about it, but really clever schools are not found. Is slightly better, is slightly worse. Have elite, but they mainly differ in we have a contingent of students, not teachers and quality of education.

In the end, the children went to regular school. The calculation was as follows. The school provides socialization of the child and basic knowledge, and this development will be engaged in tutoring. Something like this happened, but not quite. Since I have two kids, and they are different, and situations are different.

Daughter. Pull weaknesses

People by nature are not the same. Someone's ability in one area, someone in another. The school system requires that, ideally, the child was equally developed in all subjects, which are included in the educational program. And here is a paradox. Items to which the child has ability, he learns quickly and, moreover, ready to deal with them even more, and on their own. But the subjects to which no power, either they are not significant, given he is heavier, he develops slowly, time these items are spending more. And...

The result is a system in which most of the time the child engaged in the subjects to which he has no abilities. It turns out that instead of having to develop their strengths, which are achievement motivation, the child most of the time dealing with his weaknesses that he was not interested. But this is a requirement of the school, considering that this is harmonious development.

My high school friend Igor had an excellent mathematical abilities. The control works in mathematics, he solved all of five minutes, after which he managed to help solve a test to the whole class. When we were in the sixth class, he already solved problems from the textbook 10 th grade. He had serious problems with the development of the Russian language.

The parents demanded from him an excellent education, and teachers at PTA meetings was advised to lean more on Russian. He hired Tutors in Russian. His mother spent hours training him in writing dictations. But Igor still managed to make mistakes in writing and received at best a four. Which led to more intensive Russian language classes. Their true mathematical abilities Igor was developed independently and secretly from parents.

"All we have" A. S. Pushkin was a genius of literature, but suffers from a lack of mathematical ability. Don't know if he had to torture himself to the study of his "this".

With similar situation we faced with my daughter. She has a clear penchant for creativity. Those things that she makes, take part in city exhibitions. Some kind of prize she won. It collects the most complex constructors almost instantly. The clock can draw, or something to do on a given machine. And she wants to do and make it not necessary. But with the mathematics average, Russian. In the end, hired Tutors. What do You think, what?

Course in mathematics and Russian language. It goes there without interest, but estimated to be tightened. Given the fact that she's still involved in sports and English, it is time for her Hobbies.

The result was a standard school trap development. Develop the weaknesses of the abilities, instead of developing strengths. In the end, there is a serious risk that she will do only those things that she had to do, but interest in them is not. The worst thing is that we can kill her with the motivation to achieve, which is to her craft, drawing and painting. I see it and it bothers me.

I don't need straight a's. I saw many standouts, are not achieved in life nothing. And one reason for this is the development of weaknesses and not the development of strong.

I want my daughter found the case that it is really interesting, good it is and that it can take a long time and on their own. So we pull up a little Russian and math and switch to the evolving capacities of the child.

Also interesting: Teach children to dream and not to be afraid of...

What do the smart people, while the others hoisted their children on the needle tablets and samrtphones

Most children have a talent in some area. The problem is that in the process of development, many are paying more attention to the "pulling up" weaknesses, ignoring true abilities.published

Author: Boris Litvak

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind - together we change the world! ©

Source: cross-club.ru/vospitanie/158-shkolnyy-rebus-chto-razvivaem-silnye-ili-slabye-storony.html

Tags

See also

New and interesting