To survive the death of the Universe

For the future of mankind, I watched with deep pessimism. What strategy I choose, for a long time still does not hold. The end — old age, poor physical and mental abilities, and death. Twitch is useless, even if the improbable happens and the developed countries are throwing serious resources to studying the mechanisms of aging, instead of wasting them on the development of new types of weapons.

Scientists are quite capable of learning how to stop aging in the next decade, but the death of our world they can't stop. In the July "Special projects," we were given a lot of scenarios, the death of humanity: the Sun will cool down, galaxies will collapse, protons will disintegrate, and there was a Great Darkness...

"No way out" — he reassured himself I and, as is usual in such cases, I filled my time watching posts on Facebook. It was then that I came across a text titled "32 ways to survive the death of the Universe." Not one but as many as thirty-two! The methods proposed are simple and clear. For example, to move in some parallel universe. Or create a new one. To go into a black hole, wormhole — where time flows differently. To return to the past. Finally, to change the fundamental laws of the universe.

Naive, Yes? But isn't it naive to think that we know enough to predict his death? A hundred years ago we didn't know anything about elementary particles, nor about neighboring galaxy, nothing about DNA, nothing knew, in fact. What we will know in another hundred years? Kind of silly in such a situation to wring his hands about the impending destruction of the Universe.

Here is another case from the same series. Recently, I became convinced that the mammoth in the foreseeable future, despite all the talk, clone will fail, because there are no living cells. And was immediately confounded by a team of scientists from Harvard: they have learned to install mammoth genes into the DNA of the elephant — put in 14 genes and expect to gradually reconstruct the entire genome of an ancient animal, gradually transforming the elephant into a mammoth.

We can do much more than it seems. It is only necessary not to be afraid to set really ambitious goals.

32 a post about the way my friend wrote a transhumanist Alex. Transhumanists believe that humanity must begin to consciously control our own evolution, transforming ourselves and the world through science. First and foremost, of course, to defeat aging. Alex specializiruetsya on the study of global threats and ways of their prevention. Other transhumanists also an interesting global things like technology development. You will not believe it, but the main news for them — not the work of our officials, and inventions and discoveries of humans. These cranks believe that already live in a global world and the main events that determine the fate of this world, scientific discoveries and technological breakthroughs. You probably guessed that I am also a transhumanist.

The origins of the Russian transhumanism find ideas to philosopher Nikolai Fedorov. He set before mankind a super — ambitious goal is to find a way to resurrect all the dead, the tools of science to save not only himself, but all who lived before. Now it seems unthinkable. But who knows, maybe tomorrow the dream Fedorov will turn into a plan of action. published

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook and in Vkontakte, and we're Classmates

Source: kot.sh/statya/236/perezhit-gibel-vselennoy

Tags

See also

New and interesting