Corporal punishment through the eyes of a child

Of corporal punishment through the eyes of a child tells the story of children's writer Astrid Lindgren in 1978.

"When I was 20, I met a pastor's wife who told me that when she was young and had her first child, she didn't believe in beatings, while punishment of flogging was then very common. But one day when son was 4 or 5 years, he created such a prank that the pastor's wife decided, despite their principles, pour son flogged for the first time in my life.

She told her son that he went to the yard and he found a twig. The boy was not long, and when he returned, his face was wet with tears. He said, "Mom, I have not found the rod, but found the stone that you can me to quit."

At this point, the mother suddenly realized, looked like the situation from the child's point of view: if my mom wants to hurt me, then there is no difference, as she does, she might as well do it with a rock. Mom put son on his lap and they cried together. She put the stone on the kitchen shelf as a reminder that violence is not a solution."

Astrid Lindgren added that the violence starts from the nursery, and if we can't see the situation from the point of view of the child, we can teach a child something absolutely not to what we think we teach.

This speech of Astrid Lindgren gave rise to the Swedish society of hot debate about the physical punishment of children.
In 1979 Sweden became the first country in the world that have abolished corporal punishment of children both in school and at home. published

More about the upbringing of the child will motorite in our video:

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: www.stranamam.ru/post/10300010/

Tags

See also

New and interesting