What to read to the children from 10 to 13 years

Finally, our children entered into the age of adventure! Amazing, beautiful age, when it is possible to assemble and glue the ships, submarines, read Jules Verne, to investigate the composition of the powder and do it, study the deductive method of Sherlock Holmes, discover a mysterious island with Stevenson...

BUT be it so or not depends on they read or not. That is, take themselves up a book in their spare time, or they've got a lot things to do, such as play computer games.

Twenty million sixty four thousand two hundred sixty five

Since, according to statistics, only 10% of children of this age want and like to read, we should briefly dwell on the "latest parent trying» — to fall in love with them in the book. Even if it sounds overly dramatic, but, until adolescence, while parental authority was not "a relic of the past", while any adult you trust and listen to him, we can make it!

Only, dear adults, age of adventure does not tolerate correction, especially in such delicate matters, like reading or cleaning the house. Take the second of the brackets and talk about the first.

Now, in 10 years, our children can fall in love with reading forever, to fall in love so that they begin to suffer when long read. To make this happen, first of all let's look around and see what books are popular now.

For example, several years ago, we could easily over dinner to read a few snippets that hit us in the book of Harry Potter (although this is not the best example for many reasons, about it already wrote many times), and that would be enough that the child continued to read it myself. Now, when the book is filmed, it is unlikely that those for whom it is written, I will want to read it.

Secondly and it is much more important than the first, we should observe the interests of the child, while it is a passion to see, to know which literary characters would call him, to love him truly.

I did that with a book Tonka Drakht "Letter to the king," which captured the child's attention from the first page and became the first independently and quickly read the book, after which I heard a long-awaited request: "Give a book". Here I had a bit difficult because the same was not, but the time arrived, "the Lord of the Rings" by Tolkien.

But most likely it would be possible, if the topic of chivalry has not been a loved child and not initially aroused the interest and good feelings. Think if your son or your daughter like atreya of "the neverending story" by Michael ende and the salvation of the Country the Fantasy they care about. At this age the children are terrible fighters for justice, so and So Drakht, and M. ende can help.

And then don't stop doing. It is possible that familiarity with Conan Doyle should not start with detective stories and "the Lost world" which will pass in reading. What is a story "When the earth screamed" or "Markatov abyss"! Try a few good parent advertising can not hurt. Do it praising the book and proud that you know her secret.

Honestly, we tried many ways like advertising. Best of all, of course, it takes place in a large children's team, but suddenly you in class or on family holidays there is a free day that you can give the book, as once we did.

It is the summer in the Crimea. In the camp, good camp, good with children and creative teachers, we had a book Day. In the morning, a traditional gathering, announced that today it is possible to read. Not that before this they were forbidden to read, but today it is "possible", and everywhere: the beach, on the way to the beach, in the dining room during quiet hours on the balcony, in the garden, on the Playground — in General, always and everywhere. And in the evening had to draw a cover of his favorite book.

When they started appearing, we began to fill a huge wall before the dining room. Everyone can go and put your name on the book that he read. The is started to work by itself. Finally we heard from the lips of children: "How? You didn't read...? I'll tell you."

The beauty of that day was, of course, in the fact that the children were of different age and younger could "Snoop" older and older enjoy the books of childhood and put on them their names.

In the evening we chose 10 books-winners, which proved to be most readers. The absolute winner became the book S. Lewis "Chronicles of Narnia" that successfully continues the series of exciting books for this age. For excitement you can ask each how many pages he read per day, and to summarize the orders and everyone.

Of course, we can think of many more ways to captivate a child reading, the main thing is not to forget that the best advertising is enthusiastic reading parents and adults around.

Age from 10 to 13 is the age of the authorities, when children actively take the example of the adults respected them, and so for the sake of them kids, we always give place to the transport; when we go with them, cross the street only at the green light and open the book where there is the opportunity to read. Example works better than any words and teaching, children learn it as a way of life.

I want to believe that our efforts were not in vain, we all failed, and the child "began to be swallowed books, getting drunk on the lines." I guess I can calm down? Oddly enough, now our parent role in reading reaches its climax. As ever, it becomes important that it is read. In fairness it should have said: let them read everything, do for years we've toiled, passing it right to read to now censorship? All true, but … The right to read everything he'll take it in two or three years, like any normal teenager, now we have the opportunity to give him a taste for good literature.

In addition, the average age of the school the child continue to actively shape the ethical-moral criteria. And he needs characters that will be a guide, create a value range. They will help to choose what I want to be, and what not, whom I respect and whom I despise. With them there is something similar to what he sang Vladimir Vysotsky:

We are in the role of traitors, cowards, Judases
Children's games in their appointed enemies.
And the villain of the tracks were not allowed to cool,
And lovely ladies promised to love,
And calmed friends and loving neighbors,
We are in the role of heroes introduced himself.

And how interesting in this ballad associated reflections on the struggle, the exploits with the conclusion: "So, your books you read as a child!»

What are the right books? Those that will help him (her) to become a Man?

Unfortunately, such a thing as a "real man" disappearing from the consciousness of not only parents but also teachers. It has become fashionable, and therefore, it is important to make children successful in life, to all of them was good to be relaxed, not worried, not defended.

However, as soon as we are faced with the serious problem in life, we begin to suffer from indifferent doctors in clinics and hospitals, from the "threat" of realtors, heartless officials from tired teachers who shrug: "I don't know what to do with your child."

Tomorrow they will come our children are not crying because of "White BIM, Black Ear", not hated Romashina from "Two captains", do not believe that you can pull yourself out of the swamp by the hair, as did the Baron Myunghauzen who can not be happy "crutches", as Pollyanna…

It must be time to Wake up their hearts to pass on values that are truly priceless: honesty and honor, compassion, generosity, sense of humor! "And then the surgeon will rush through the desert to a man with a broken knee" (Exupery).

The child will come to us for another, more exciting book. And we will not tire to stretch it and not get tired to discuss with him any of the episodes and admire the courage of the hero. After learning that he stopped at the turning point of the book, offer to talk (and maybe write, why not?) continued to be the "rival writer", and then compare with the author. While reading we give the children the right to create, to invent, to disagree, to have an opinion and "grow" thanks to their own moral criteria.

Never know if it'll help in the life of a young lady "the Mystery of the Siberian Princess" by T. Popova or "Little Princess" B. Francis, and another desperate Tomboy "Ivanhoe" by W. Scott, or "Heather honey"... They will tell us about this many years later, when I grow up.published 

Author: Tatiana Kurbatova

P. S. And remember, only by changing their consumption — together we change the world! ©

Join us in Facebook , Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki

Source: www.manwb.ru/articles/psychology/pedagogics/books-10-13/

Tags

See also

New and interesting