Advice to mothers of future first-graders

I decided to write my advice to moms of future first-graders. The Soviets, of course, my personal, no pretending. It is very likely that for You and for Your child they absolutely will not fit.

Something of what I want to write, I tried out for myself and Andrew, and I don't have time (too late to think about it, the 1st class has already walked to end, so that the results have nothing to say).

So, advice...

The Council first. On independence

Do not make the baby his work. He fills in the diary, he collects the briefcase, he monitors the sharpness of the pencils, etc. I would advise a few times to show how it is done, explain why it is so and not otherwise, then a few more times to stand up "the soul", yet he does it all, and then completely giving it at the mercy of the child.

In our experience, I can say that there was trouble... it Happened that I forgotten some notebook or something... a Few times I forgot smenku... But I think in the 1st grade it was so much less painful and safer. But learn not to forget and not to live my mother's head. In the second half seem to have never any overlap was not.

A striking difference with the pool. There I missed this moment and it so happened that the package in pool collected I usually... the result is "present", "Mom, you forgot glasses put!"... Then I was angry and said: "What is it I forgot? Who goes to the pool? Why didn't you check everything? Why didn't you put the glasses?"... And in fact that Andrew is not guilty — she is spoiled.

And another dress... And shoes. Very me crazy looks 7-year-old big forehead, which grandma wears boots...

The second tip. The lessons and priorities

Here is just a very, very important thing. But I've started to implement only at the end of the school year, so the results so far... But theoretically I think it's true.

To teach the child to prioritize the implementation of the lessons. That is, the child must first see what were asked to evaluate the "expected damage". That is, as many have asked, what tasks are clear, which are not. What can be done easily and quickly, and which will have to Tinker. What he can do alone, and where he needs help, and what help is needed.

And then distribute, when and in what order it will do the job, but if somewhere need help to adjust to someone to help. For example, it can solve: first do what is easy and fast, then something need to Tinker... And then just as the mother will be exempted and will help me with what I am not able...

Why this is important... many children suffer from the fact that the control or the Olympics doing the tasks in order. In the end, come across an item with which they have a "plugging" for a long time with him, tinkering in the end and not solve it and the rest do not have time. It is much wiser in this case to postpone the hard task and solved more easy. And to return to it later if time remains. Sense will be more.

And more to the question about the tasks that the child cannot do independently. Here, too, we must look... Something that really can't... But some... Enough to see how doing the same exercises in class and to remember... Or read a textbook and try to understand, to see examples...

The third Council. For help and control...

Do not forget that the child is in the 1st grade (in elementary school) — it's still a very small child. And he might still be psychologically not ready for full independence. Many children of this age cannot concentrate for a long time at lessons, no distractions, except crows, to draw out in the fields...

Do not let the child alone too early! Look at the child — what he can and what not. And at least some of the help he needs. Someone enough that the mother asked: "have You done your homework?" "Yes" "That's nice", and someone necessary to the mother sitting next to him. Mind you, not doing homework for the child, and sat beside me and their presence helped to focus.

I sat for a long time with Andrew at the table. Saw to it that he properly held the pen, asked to explain the work progress... Gradually I've let go more and more and at the end of the school year my participation was to ensure that I only check written, listening expressive reading (he reads well, but the expression to evaluate is not yet in) and sat with him, just when he was preparing for the job world, because if you prepare it at Andrei's generally in the head is not delayed. However, there are topics such wording...

The fourth Board. About time

The child should be able to tell time. But... Even those kids that you dial often inadequately estimate the length of time... please suggest how much time it will take one or another thing, say something not in an arc... And the elapsed time to assess the same can't...

Meanwhile, this extremely important skill... the Child may not want to do something (the same lessons to teach), because I sincerely believe that it will take forever. But if he knows that the preparation "homework" for math is just 10 minutes (like half of the movie or one change that all the feelings infinitely short), then, you see it's not so scary to start.

Therefore, I strongly advise to teach a child to pinpoint how much time it takes a case. How long does it take to clean your room? And dinner? And to prepare DS on computer? And to change?.. And to constantly draw his attention to what things take roughly the same time. And to compare an enjoyable and interesting things with those who also need to do .

The more difficult task, which is to go after the baby more or less know what time it is what is planning... "What do you have time to do before dinner?"..

The fifth Council. The ability to speak

Teach your child to say... In the broadest sense. So he was able to retell the text, the situation of their lives, to Express their opinion. To know how normal language to talk about the solution of the problem.

To was able to speak with the teacher. Could I ask you a question, if something is not clear, ask them to explain again... And again if necessary. To able to seek clarification on the assignment if it is not clear...

At the end of the school year took place the final conversion and control... How much anger at the parent forums on account of incorrect assignments, curves, and unclear wording... Charges and all that...

Yes, I fully agree that it is very bad when the tasks in the control is incorrect or just ignorantly formulated. But errors in the tests are and will be, and nothing can be done... you Can fight with windmills, but not be wiser to invest it in your child?

Something worth thinking about before you shout at their screaming child

The formation of the feminine: let the girl be a Princess!

Try to explain to him that if he does not understand the task, you have to raise your hand and ask to explain... Little children are often firmly believe in the infallibility of the printed word and that adults can't be wrong. But we all know that it's not... And how the child will be easier to live if it is to learn to talk, learn to ask questions...

P. S. And remember, just changing your mind — together we change the world! ©

Source: 4curious-eyes.ru/obuchenie-detej/sovety-mama-budushhix-pervoklassnikov

Tags

See also

New and interesting