In France, the number of beautiful and elegant women in their fifties is simply amazing. These women are quietly wear skirts above the knee, they look great, even if their skin is not ideal. They are not afraid to grow old and feel comfortable in their age Website with the permission of Woman-delice site publishes an excerpt from the 10 rules of the book "Lessons beautiful aging: the secret of French women." Rebecca Planter.
1. An active lifestyle is active until the very elderly in France and active recreation is part of the national culture and age to give is not accepted from him. The French go hiking, climb mountains, love kayak, play tennis, run in the park, skiing and so on. And this is a way of life rather than a commitment to the sport. Even on vacation the French prefer to go somewhere where you have to do something, not just lie in the sun belly up. In this serious sports peretruzhdaetsya French themselves do not, unlike some Americans turned - said Rebecca - any abuse is harmful to women's well-being
2.. A sense of humor as a powerful antioxidant known French sarcasm helps French women do not perceive their age and aging as a drama. No other language does not have such a number of proverbs and jokes on "Baba berry again" and the second period, "passion", which occurs in 40-50 years.
3. Food as a religion We all know that the French are obsessed with food, but, unlike the Americans, they have this obsession translates into the desire to eat refined and beautiful, but not much. French women do very little to eat. And with the years when the financial opportunities allow, obsession with beauty and taste of the process is reinforced - French often eat in restaurants and cafes, enjoying a mini-meals, wine and good company. All this, of course, makes it more or less to stay in its original size; such a critical difference in weight at 20 and 40 years, what is seen in American women, French women do not have - sigh journalist
4.. With age, the French can afford more, and not less than The feeling is - writes Rebecca - that a healthy egoism French girls absorb with their mother's milk. With age, when children grow up and require less attention, the French quietly switched on. Spend more money for their pleasure, allow yourself to travel without a family, buying more expensive clothes. The French 40 years will not be tormented by pangs of conscience, currently buying good shoes instead of a game console for teenage son. And it will not even consider it only right decision: if you want the console - go to work. Sitting with their grandchildren in France is not accepted, no one takes grandmothers both free babysitters.
5. With age, the clothes in the wardrobe less, but it is much more expensive and better quality. Even women with an average income buy their expensive and comfortable things: cashmere, silk, good shoes and at least one expensive bag. All in all it develops in the elegant style of mature women who so admired by tourists.
6. With age, the social life is eroding, but quite the contrary Unlike American women who often prefer TV and home leisure of social life, the French, especially in large cities, are becoming more active. The children have grown up and do not require constant attention, life is adjusted - it's time to go to parties, guests, good bars, cinema, biennial and so on. Active social life keeps in tone: cutting, styling, manicured hands, beautiful clothes on the yield and - necessarily - comfortable shoes with heels
7.. Age is not a disease and does not require treatment Frenchwomen comfortable with the age and wrinkles, too obvious artificial lift-utjazhki cause rather sneer. Unlike American women addicted to the idea of preserving youth, the French believe that at a certain age the absence of wrinkles in women rather a sign of the presence of mental health problems than the cause for envy. In France, the highly developed hardware maintenance cosmetology and much less popular cosmetic surgery and Botox.
8. At any age you can wear what suits you perfectly calm Frenchwomen wear skirts above the knee and tight leggings to the very old age. In France, there is no concept of "clothes for his age," mother and daughter often can buy clothes of the same brand. It is clear that with age, taste and financial possibilities of change and often in preference to the more expensive classic style, but in no other country in the world do not have such a large number of women 40-60 years old in small dresses and tight pants, jeans.
9. No age limits for either sexuality or for the sex life. On the contrary, in France, it is assumed that after 40 comes second youth: much achieved, much assimilated, it's time to enjoy it is still good physical form and experience, the son of errors difficult. This is both good and bad - says Rebecca - well, because it affects the self-perception of women is bad, because it is at this age period is the peak of divorces
10.. With age, everything is possible, but in moderation. Wine, late feast, and even cigarettes. Rebecca describes her girlfriend-Frenchwoman of 52 years, who smoked even one cigarette a day after breakfast. She smoked for many years and abandoned, but felt that the pleasure of coffee with a cigarette is more useful than the stress of a complete failure.
Preview: Ari Seth Cohen