On the verge of art and science: the picture of the ferrofluid

The artist from Sweden creates masterpieces with a magnetic polya

With oils, watercolors, and nano-sized particles of iron can create such psychedelic images that are not even dreamed of LSD drug addicts, and we have the pictures to prove it.

"I really like to use scientific phenomena in their work, a phenomenon that we are surrounded by in everyday life. My goal is to capture the remarkable phenomenon, with do it as poetic ».

blockquote> The photos below are from a series called Millefiori. They Efner mixed ferrofluid with watercolors, and then put the mixture in a magnetic field. The iron particles by the magnetic field lined up in bizarre shapes, which are shown in the photographs.

«Whenever I start working with a new material or explore scientific phenomenon ... I just experiment with it. After some time, I will come across something that you can use to create a series of images. That's how the project originated with magnetic fluids ».

blockquote> Arisen structures - tiny, but carefully calibrated microscopic lens allows you to see the finest details and brightest mix.

via factroom.ru

Tags

Art

See also

New and interesting