Close to Stonehenge found Superhendzh

The reconstruction of the ancient arena / Personnel BBC i>

Less than 3 km from Stonehenge British archaeologists have discovered another stone building, buried just under a meter of soil . On this day reports the BBC. Scientists have dubbed the find Superhendzhem.

Using a special sonar signal is able to penetrate several meters into the ground, scientists have found at least a hundred large stone monoliths. Stones of construction as well as at Stonehenge, originally stood upright - apparently some of them have fallen over time. The largest monoliths reach five meters in height. Scientists estimated the age of the finds at least 4000 years. Apparently, these stones are part of the fence of the ancient arena is an unknown destination.

The scientist ATV on the trailer which is a radar i>

This discovery was the crown of the five-year study the team of archaeologists "Stonehenge Hidden Landscapes", the underground part of the map area famous monument Neolithic times.

The team includes scientists from the University of Birmingham and the Institute of archeological exploration and Virtual Archaeology. Ludwig Boltzmann.

Radar equipment i>

Stonehenge - megalithic structures in Wiltshire, England. It is a complex ring and a horseshoe-shaped earthen and masonry structures. Located about 130 km south-west of London. One of the most famous archaeological sites in the world, attracts tourists from all over the world, including lovers of esoteric and occult. The exact function of the structure of the estimates until scientists disagree.

Source: geektimes.ru/post/262042/

Tags

See also

New and interesting