This picture is not as easy as it seems. What do you think it most?

This work may seem simple, but the photo titled "Phantom", shot by Australian photographer Peter Face, entered the history of art. The picture was sold for 6.5 million dollars, setting a new world record and becoming the most expensive photograph in istorii.

The work was sold to a private collector, who also bought two other works Face, "Illusion" and "Eternal whims", for $ 2.4 million and $ 1.1 million, respectively. «The goal of all of my photos is to capture the power of nature and to convey it in a way to inspire someone to feel a special bond with this image» em>, Leake said in a press release. «Certain structures and contours found in nature more beautiful disclosed in a black-and-white photos» em>, explains Leek. «The contrast of light and shadow was so amazing that I was able to do some of the most stunning shots in my career» em>. Photo "Phantom" was filmed in Antelope Canyon in Arizona. Here is her original:

If you think that the buyer overpaid, you're not the only one who thinks so. The Guardian described the "Phantom" as the «chic poster for pretentious hotel room» em>. «This picture shows the full impact of situations where photographers think they are - artists» em>, wrote art critic Jonathan Jones. «This is the amount of sentimentality and very bad taste." "Someone very stupid ordered their money by taking it for high art» em> - wrote Jones.

The picture does not look like the previous holder of the title of the most expensive photograph in the world. Snapshot "Rhine II» made by German photo artist Andreas Gursky, in 2011, was sold for $ 4.3 million. The photo shows the river Rhine, and people and buildings with this picture has been removed digitally sposobom.

Tags

See also

New and interesting