Literary gastronomy: what to eat characters known works of art.

What do you especially pay attention when you read the book? The plot, the skill of the author, the main characters? American designer Dean Fried decided to pay attention to the food. Dean has even created his own book. In it, she shows pictures of dishes, which are prepared by herself. These dishes are featured in a variety of literary works.

Dean did not try to cook a dish exactly as shown by its author, according to her, « more important to transmit not only the food situation, but also the feeling of the whole work i>». Thus, the reader is able to « a taste of design i>» author.

Team Ofigenno.cc has prepared for you a selection of the works of Dinah Fried.

«The Catcher in the Rye" Jerome Salinger

« When I'm somewhere, I usually take a sandwich with Swiss cheese and a glass of malted milk. Utter nonsense, but a lot of vitamins in milk i> ».

«Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas," Hunter S. Thompson

« He cut grapefruit into quarters, then eight, then sixteen ... then began to shred them for lumps ... i>»

«Conspiracy of Dunces" by John Kennedy Toole

« stopped in front of the narrow parking garage, it is with great sensual pleasure inhaled the evaporation of Paradise, but sticks out of his nostril hair analyzed, cataloged, categorized and classified the distinct smell of hot dogs, mustard and grease i>».

«In Search of Lost Time" Proust

« The very sight of biscuit did not dawn on me until such time as I have not tried; perhaps, because then I have often seen it on the shelves pastry cake, but ate his way he left Combray and merged with the more recent experiences; perhaps because none of memories long since dropped out of memory are not raised, they were scattered; forms - including cakes, shells, each of his strict and pious crease budivshie acute sensory perception - were killed or falling asleep, lost the ability to spread, so that they could reach the mind i> ».

«The Bell Jar" Sylvia Plath

« And then reached for an avocado stuffed with crab. Avocado - my favorite fruit. Every Sunday my grandfather brought me one avocado, hid it in a suitcase under six dirty shirts and Sunday comics. He taught me how to eat avocados: squeeze the thick juice and pulp in a deep bowl, and then Stir properly, fill the empty shell of the fetus resulting stuffing i> ».

«To Kill a Mockingbird," Harper Lee

« The kitchen table was bursting from all eatables: thick slices of smoked pork, tomatoes, beans, even grapes i>».

«Moby Dick" Herman Melville

This soup is dedicated to the whole 15th chapter. In general, this is such a seafood soup called chowder. In some translations appear instead of soup boiled fish ...

«Oliver Twist 'by Charles Dickens

« With this view, they contracted with the water company to supply water in unlimited quantities with an agent in the sale of grain on a regular supply of oats in moderation, and decided to give three times daily gruel, onion twice a week and polbulki Sunday i> ».

«Alice in Wonderland", Lewis Carroll

« March Hare took the watch, thoughtfully dunked them in a cup of tea and sadly looked at them again - but have not found anything better than to repeat his remark:" It is, you know, was the best butter! " i> »

«Girl with the Dragon Tattoo," Larsson

« With the hunger she understood, having gone to the kitchen and include a coffee maker. Before that, she was many hours had not eaten and now made a three big sandwich with cheese, eggs and hard-boiled eggs i> ».

«On the Road," Jack Kerouac

« I ate apple pie and ice cream - to the extent that, as I climbed deeper into Iowa, is getting better and better pies - more ice cream - fat ... i>»

«Heidi or Magic Valley", Johanna Spyri

« Soon, the pot is something gurgled. The old man reached out to the fire on a long iron fork big piece of cheese and held it until until the cheese on all sides are not covered with golden-yellow crust i> ».

So, looking at the literature from a different angle, you can get a pretty interesting project. If you like this idea, you will certainly share it with your friends and acquaintances.

www.fictitiousdishes.com/The-Photos

Tags

See also

New and interesting